Remember to bring ......

karlth

Those small things that make a cruise more enjoyable.

Eriktina mentioned in another thread battery operated candles.

A pair of binoculars.

A turtleneck sweater even if you are travelling in warm climates. Makes all the difference if you take a walk on the deck at night.

A gun. (just kidding)

Any more?

a watch (especially for those that don't normally wear one and rely on their cell phones to check the time)

I completely agree!!! When we would be on the islands, we would have to keep asking the locals what time it was and do the math to make sure we were on "ships time."

One thing that is very important to my hubby and I when we go on cruises are walkie-talkies. These ships are huge and the first cruise we went on together, I bought them "just in case." He made fun of me but after the first day, we had them on us the entire time we were on the ship! This is what cell-phones have done to us! :p

Hi-Liter pens to mark up the Freestyle daily

Post-it notes for notes to room stewards, etc

multi-outlet plug or power strip (only one 110v outlet in many cabins)

Duct tape (just because i'm a guy)

nite lite

Extension cord

cables to hook up your digital camera to the TV to review your pictures of the day

Hi-Liter pens to mark up the Freestyle daily

Post-it notes for notes to room stewards, etc

multi-outlet plug or power strip (only one 110v outlet in many cabins)

Duct tape (just because i'm a guy)

nite lite

Extension cord

cables to hook up your digital camera to the TV to review your pictures of the day

Cables? Never thought of that. Heard all the others before, but this is new. Thanks!

Originally Posted by brokenarrowhd viewpost.gif

a positive attitude!

That is the first thing that I pack.

OceanDreams

Better to carry it on with you than to pack it. If your luggage gets lost or delayed you will really need to have it with you.

I found clothespins to be very helpful for hanging out wet clothing on the balcony and pinning the beachtowel to your chair, so it stays secure. Bringing binoculars is great - I used them all the time, especially when we came into port and on the last night of the cruise, I could see all the other ships going back into Miami - all lit up - it was beautiful!

I love the Hefty HandySaks. They come in travel size of 10 4 gal plastic bags and are excellent for your room trash can. You don't have to worry about dumping your "wet" stuff into your trash can. It keeps it nice and clean. The cabin stewards just take it away each day and I put a new one in. I found mine at Target in the "travel size" section.:)

Originally Posted by brokenarrowhd viewpost.gif

a positive attitude!

Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanDreams viewpost.gif

That is the first thing that I pack.

OceanDreams

Better to carry it on with you than to pack it. If your luggage gets lost or delayed you will really need to have it with you.

"No Port" ....... Thanks for the suggestion. Just cloned my attitude and thought I would put it on now....kinda of break it in. ;)

OceanDreams

Those small things that make a cruise more enjoyable.

A pair of binoculars.

A turtleneck sweater even if you are travelling in warm climates. Makes all the difference if you take a walk on the deck at night.

A gun. (just kidding)

Any more?

Thank you cards and envelopes for when you give your gratuities to the Cabin Stewards, Butler, Concierge, Waiters, etc. It makes a nice personal touch.

A small flashlight.

A nightlight.

Here is a list that includes all of the above... except the positive attitude. Wish I'd thought to include that! VERY IMPORTANT! http://maggiecatenjay.wetpaint.com/page/Packing+List

Clare

...... take it from someone who had their purse stolen. I suggest everyone make 2 copies of their passport. One for home the other to travel with them.

OceanDreams

:D:DI always pack an over the door foldable shoe organizer, it is awesome, we put all our flip flops, cosmetics, medicines, lotions, etc.. takes up no room in suitcases or in our cabin. Always a smile, because for the next 8 days I don't have to cook, make a bed or clean YYAAAHHHOOOO:p

If you don't want to take a big roll of duct tape, take an empty calculator paper spool and wrap duct tape around it. Takes hardly any room in your suitcase and might come in handy.

those small things that make a cruise more enjoyable.

A pair of binoculars.

a turtleneck sweater even if you are travelling in warm climates. Makes all the difference if you take a walk on the deck at night.

a gun. (just kidding)

any more?

hahahahaha!

Archived