the price went down... what do I do?

MaiTaiMary

If you have waited long enough, (I think you sure have...) call Carnival directly, and make a note of who you spoke to.

I think it now says 3 days, used to say they would process it within 48 hours, now its 72 someone posted they were being told. A day and a half isnt soon enough to start calling imo, maybe tomorrow?

So if I'm on Welcome Back I'd be eligible for new lower fare minus $25pp? I thought we kind of lost that.

Original fare was $369 minus $25 Welcome Back = $344...that's what I'd been comparing to. Price today is $319, so we could get a full $50 OBC pp or just $25 (344-319)?

I didn't put anything in the box, but I can fill out the form again if this is the case. But thought I'd read somewhere that you kind of "lose" the welcome back part if the price goes down.

Thanks in advance!

I was told to be sure and put a note on the request that your rate is with a welcome back credit so they know it, and then you keep the welcome back credit. You should get the full amount.

Put in the request Tuesday morning. Now Thursday morning (48 hrs later), still nothing.

I called and they said to allow "72 BUSINESS hours". :confused:

Isn't that 9 days??

And if there still wasn't a change, to call back then.

Then she told me "call back on Friday".

*sigh*

I'm anxious to get $120 taken off. I hope I can get it.

Put in the request Tuesday morning. Now Thursday morning (48 hrs later), still nothing.

I called and they said to allow "72 BUSINESS hours". :confused:

Isn't that 9 days??

And if there still wasn't a change, to call back then.

Then she told me "call back on Friday".

*sigh*

I'm anxious to get $120 taken off. I hope I can get it.

I would always assume the person who does this is off on weekends. She cant work 7 days a week. They used to have just one girl doing this, hopefully by now she has more help. But I always would assume they have weekends off, they are talking business days.

I think it now says 3 days, used to say they would process it within 48 hours, now its 72 someone posted they were being told. A day and a half isnt soon enough to start calling imo, maybe tomorrow?

.... as I posted above people who are calling in are routinely being told to give it 72 hours they are posting on other threads about this.

Got it! :D

Your Early Saver request has been approved! Confirmations showing the rate adjustment have been issued to the email address provided.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Awesome. $120 less now! woohoo!

I booked Early Saver for my Dec 2009 at $199 and then maybe 5 days later the price dropped $20 pp. So, I called CCL and waited over 35 minutes. Was told to fill out that Early savers protect form or whatever it is called. I did. It was difficult for me to tell if the last digit was a zero or the letter O... After submitting I think it responded with a 72-hour turn around response. The form submission happened over the July 4th holiday. When i didn't hear anything after 72 hours, I resubmitted the form and this time used the letter O. It worked. Then the savings of $40 wasa taken of the invoice and have less of a payment remaining now... Wow. Can't wait to go. I can only imagine how pretty Fantasy will be in Dec with Christmas decorations. Hope this helps. I think the system was overwhelmed with the July holiday.

Archived