Crown & Anchor/Captains Club (in case you're wondering)

DocJohnB

The acceptance of each others membership does indeed start in January.

We are booked on Explorer OTS on 1//9/05. Got my cruise docs Saturday and noticed that my C&A info was not filled out. Called the C&A customer service. After finding my correct account (for some reason, I had 3), the CSR informed me that since the two clubs marry 1/1 and this being my 7th (5 Celebrity, 2 RCI), I have Platinum status. Pretty neat stuff. :cool:

Only advice I can give is check your status when you get your cruise docs, if there is a problem call the C&A CS department.

We are sailing Celebrity for the first time in April...........we are Platnium with RC, should my t/a be able to check with Celebrity now to see if we have like status with the Captains Club or do we need to wait until they officially merge the programs in January??

Thanks

Jim

Wait a minute...

I was under the impression that they are not adding the total together, but rather going with whichever is higher and giving you the same level on both lines.

In other words, you don't have 7, you have 5 on both.

For example: If I have 3 on Celebrity and 1 on RCI I would have 3 for both lines and not 4. Then say I do my next 3 cruises on RCI I still only have credit for 4 cruises, not 7.

At least that's the way I understood it. :(

~fly

flyfan:

You are correct..........at least the way I understand it. I hope there wasn't anything in my post that was misstated...........so if we are Platnium on RC, we should be the equivalent on Celebrity, but they won't be added together.

As well I was advised by C & A that special pre cruise benefits like Diamond balcony discount on C & A and 10% off Expeditions for the Captains's Elite do not apply to each other. I am diamond C & A but Classic on Captain's Club.

We are sailing Celebrity for the first time in April...........we are Platnium with RC, should my t/a be able to check with Celebrity now to see if we have like status with the Captains Club or do we need to wait until they officially merge the programs in January??

Thanks

Jim

When I booked my first X cruise I asked the same (well mine is not before 09/2005) as I´m diamond with RCCL. They told me I have to wait until end of Jan, begin of Feb. As they are not able to it at this time because it starts in Jan. As it´s only for onboard perks it´s early enough to do it then and I think it will be OK for your cruise in April too if you wait. I bet they have enough to do to get up to date with the change right now.

As well I was advised by C & A that special pre cruise benefits like Diamond balcony discount on C & A and 10% off Expeditions for the Captains's Elite do not apply to each other. I am diamond C & A but Classic on Captain's Club.

Yes it´s only for the onboard perks that they honour the status of the other line.

Wait a minute...

Flyfan,

Won't argue the point. All I know is the young lady said, "This will be your seventh, so - blah, blah, blah).

I guess it makes no real never mind until the 10th or next level cruise.

I guess it makes no real never mind until the 10th or next level cruise.

Sadly, it does make a difference to me as I am pretty much in the situation I described above. :(

Oh well, the joy is the cruise, not the perks.

~fly

Wait a minute...

I was under the impression that they are not adding the total together, but rather going with whichever is higher and giving you the same level on both lines.

For example: If I have 3 on Celebrity and 1 on RCI I would have 3 for both lines and not 4. Then say I do my next 3 cruises on RCI I still only have credit for 4 cruises, not 7.

At least that's the way I understood it. :(

~fly

Ok let´s try to get it straight light I understand it.

You have 3 on X

and 1 on RCCL

That makes you C&A Gold Member and CC Classic Member.

You need 2 more cruises on X to get a Select Member and 4 more on RCCL to get Platinum.

The cruises are not added!!!

After two more cruises on X when you get Select member you will still be Gold with RCCL and stay Gold until you have 4 more cruises with them, but you´ll get the onboard perks like a Platinum member as you are then Select with X.

It´s ONLY for the onboard perks, not for the booking discount rates etc.

That´s how they told me it´ll work.

OK...i may not be the brightest bulb on the tree but i have been with rccl 9 times and celebrity 1 time...going on the voyager of the sea in march with that be my 11th over all...what level will that put my at...i'm currently a PLAT. with crown and anchor...little help here from my fellow cc'ers...

I am also Diamond C&A. Is Captian's Elite the comparable level on X? What is Classic on Captain's Club?

OK...i may not be the brightest bulb on the tree but i have been with rccl 9 times and celebrity 1 time...going on the voyager of the sea in march with that be my 11th over all...what level will that put my at...i'm currently a PLAT. with crown and anchor...little help here from my fellow cc'ers...

On your next cruise you´ll still be Platinum on C&A as the one on Celebrity won´t add up. After the cruise you´ll get diamond as you´ll have 10 completed with RCCL. With Celebrity you´ll stay at the lowest level until you have sailed four more times with them.

But after getting diamond on RCCL you´ll get the onboard perks of Elite Members when sailing X.

I am also Diamond C&A. Is Captian's Elite the comparable level on X? What is Classic on Captain's Club?

With C&A the levels are

Gold 1-5 completed cruises

Platinum 5-10 completed cruises

Diamond 10-24 completed cruises

Diamond plus 25+ cruises

CC Levels

Classic 1-5 cruises

Select 5-10 cruises

Elite 10+ cruises

Does that mean if I am Diamond on C&A, then I am Elite on X?
Not Exactly you´ll get the onboard treats like Elite on X. But you still have the X Status according to your cruises on X.

Does Celebrity have the Concierge Club, like RCCL? Is it available to Elite status Captain's Club members?

I haven´t sailed on X, so I´m not the right person to answer this, but I haven´t heard of it so far.

I will go one better. I am a CC Classic, Founder member. That means, in addition to the Classic benefits, I get some elite benefits like the priority boarding and priority disembarkation on X.

Do I get those same benefits on RCCL?

• 4 weeks later...

We received our Captain Club cards a couple weeks ago with a letter requesting we call by 1/15 to update our status.It stated after that date we would have to have some kind of proof of our sailings...I guess specific dates and such.I called and told her we have 10 on RCI making us Diamond but only 4 on Celebrity...we were "founding members" because we joined when the program first started.The rep advised me that they don't combine it to 14 cruises but my Celebrity status will be upgraded to 10 cruises making us Elite members

I'm like most of you, been reading posts, what benefits I can recieve,etc.

Well, as a Diamond Plus member I can tell you that the info you get from RCCL

C & A will confilit with what you get.

RCCL has a Marketing Dept that they have to deal with and can and wil overrule the published benefits.

As you can see from my sailings am a Diamond Plus member. Was told (BTW please keep in mind so I don't have to repeat myself the following info was given to me my C & A representatives on the phone), that on my December 2004 sailing and being a Diamond Plus member would be entitled to a Suite uprage within 2 weeks of sailing. Well, checked on their webesite within the 2 weeks by a Diamond Plus repensative (which is new) and assigned a Suite cabin then called again and taken away that there has to be 5 open suites.

No problem, understand the new benefits. Called the day before sailing and was told there were 3 suites available and could be bought at the pier at a reduced rate (as most of you know about) and to get there early.

Was the first to check in and the Pier Coordinator told me there were no suites available. Well, I knew the cabins available and asked them to check them and they again said no cabins available. I asked (because I knew the situiation), are they sold out. They said yes.

Well, leaving it alone, went to bingo on the first day of sailing and they were giving away an Owner's Suite. Well, where did that come from if there're were none for sail.

Went to the C & A rep ont he ship and told her of the situation and she agreed. How does a C & A Diamond Plus member been told that there the suites (and I WAS specific!!!!) all suites occupied!!!!.

She emailed Miami about this while I was there as was appoliged to by Marketing that they do hold one (or 2?) out for bingo.

Don't mind I didn't get a suite,etc. BUT don't lie to me.

If you're going to make me feel special for being a Diamond Member, Damond Plus, Captains Club etc. do it right, do give me a bunch of bull from marketing.

Before my cruise in December, I would call from time to time with C & A about the free upgrade and they would put me on hold and then come back and say that Marketing would not free up the room.

Sooo, I have no problem with what I pay for, but don't lie to me.

As a Diamond Plus member this is what you do get and can count on:

1. Diamond discount coupon in the room.

2. Express checkin when you catch the suite passengers not at the pier all

all once and they have staffed the checkin computers appropriately,

3. Private debakation lounge.

Other than that, I enjoy sailing with RCCL, will do so in the future, but the benefits they offer are solely for sales and marketing does not back them up.

That's what C & A told me OFF the Record.

David

Archived