Orlando folks please advise!

WouldBeCruiser

We are cruising on Carnival Sensation, sailing Feb. 7th.

My dh and I are travelling with my sister and her husband.

We plan on arriving in Orlando about a week before our cruise and renting a car to do some sightseeing.

We want a budget hotel/motel, as we cannot afford to stay a full week in anyplace expensive, we just want it to be clean.

There are lots of places that we would be happy to stay but my brother-in-law smokes, so wants either a room with a balcony, or a motel type set-up, where the room door opens to the outside.

The only one I've seen on the web, in our price range, is the Day's Inn Maingate.

Could I please have your opinions, or alternate suggestions. I hate to have to pay a whole lot extra for balcony rooms at a fancy hotel just for one smoker in our party - but I like the guy, he makes me laugh, and we can't go on a trip without him. Can anyone help please?

For 4 of you, why not rent a time share / condo for the week?

Orlando and the theme park areas are very over built with them, they can be rented for a song.

You can google "Orlando Time share rental" or someting similar. All the big players (Marriot, Wyndham, etc) have time share developments in town, you could try them, too.

That way, you'll each have a bedroom, plus a kitchen for cooking, if you feel like it.

We are cruising on Carnival Sensation, sailing Feb. 7th.

My dh and I are travelling with my sister and her husband.

We plan on arriving in Orlando about a week before our cruise and renting a car to do some sightseeing.

We want a budget hotel/motel, as we cannot afford to stay a full week in anyplace expensive, we just want it to be clean.

There are lots of places that we would be happy to stay but my brother-in-law smokes, so wants either a room with a balcony, or a motel type set-up, where the room door opens to the outside.

The only one I've seen on the web, in our price range, is the Day's Inn Maingate.

Could I please have your opinions, or alternate suggestions. I hate to have to pay a whole lot extra for balcony rooms at a fancy hotel just for one smoker in our party - but I like the guy, he makes me laugh, and we can't go on a trip without him. Can anyone help please?

We stay at Days inn on international drive..smack dab in the middle of everything. With exchange and taxes I think our room came to $47 Canadian. It is a motel style Days inn... so the door leads to outside so they can just open the door to smoke.but it was clean and we'd stay there again in a heart beat!!!

Archived