Trying RCCL

Hi, everyone.

After seeing the so many innovative features that many of the Royal Caribbean ships offer, I feel that it is time to consider cruising with them.

I've cruised on Princess and Celebrity Cruise Lines before, and enjoy them very much. How does RCCL compare to those cruise lines? Pros? Cons?

Just some demographic information--my family is ages 53,43, and 15.

Thank you :)

well , you may get lots of different answers :)

we are 43 & 38 and enjoyed princess, seemed a tiny bit more upscale ;)

love royal caribbean, the ships and crew are loads of fun :D

my 2 cents...try them and i dont think you will be disappointed , we are doing the same with carnival next spring (if you dont try,you'll never know):cool:

dave

Mid and late 30s here and we've not even been tempted to try another cruise line yet. Having too much fun on RCI.

Even the 15 year old member of the family should find plenty to do. Most (if not all) of the ships have a teen club plus another area during the day that is designed for teen cruisers to escape parents for a while.

We are in our early and mid 30s and did Sapphire Princess 2 years ago to Alaska. We have also been on Mariner and Independence.

Princess has high tea on sea days...Royal doesn't.

I would give a slight edge to Princess on the cabins - like the Jr Suite layout better.

Food is a tie

Royal has a live band for the shows. Princess used CDs

Royal has more music genres

Royal seems to have more nightlife

Service is a tie for us

DW (48) and I (54) enjoyed RC so much in the past that we haven't tried another line yet. We took our kids, now 22 and 20, on a couple of cruises and they had a blast with the youth groups and activities. Plenty to do or do nothing - your choice. However, we are tempted to consider other cruise lines if pricing is more favorable since RC has reduced/eliminated some of the Crown & Anchor perks.

We have enjoyed all of our cruises and Celebrity had been our favorite. Now I think X is a little to formal for us. I would say Princess is comparable to RCI. I would sail any of the three again.

Just looking at the type & size ships you've been on, if you're looking for something comparable I would stay away from the mega ships and book into the Radiance class, which is same hull as Celebrity Constellation/Summit/Infinity/Millie ships. Radiance class are beautiful ships and I think the smaller ship size translates into better service. We've been on Voyager class too and while we enjoyed it, we prefer Radiance class by far. We loved the Summit and Millie too....have fun choosing!

We've been on Celebrity three times (Century, Zenith, Millie), Grand Princess, Carnival Destiny, and RCI AOS.

We LOVED Century, hated Zenith, liked Millie, didn't care for Princess or Destiny, but LOVED AOS.

I am 52, my husband is 40, my kids are 13, 12, 11, and 11.

I would chose RCI for kids, Celebrity for just the two of us, and maybe Carnival for the kids and the in-laws (much cheaper). I wouldn't sail Carnival if I could afford something else, and I doubt if I'll go back to Princess (too crowded, so-so food, lacking in service and decor IMHO).

That said, I'd love to try other RCI ships. We thought the food was a bit better on Celebrity but RCI was a very close second.

Archived