Cameron Reid Toyr

Bermuda2

• 2 weeks later...

We have toured twice with Cameron and would highly recommend him. He has standard tours he will take you on, or you can put together one of your own if you have particular sights you want to see or just a couple of sights you want to see and then want to spend an hour or two at a beach. On our last visit, which was this past Feb, we wanted to see Welchman Hall Gully, then the Flower Forest, the Concorde Experience, a bit of shopping in Bridgetown and then back to the ship. Cameron knew, from our prior visit, that we had seen Harrison's Caves and Bathsheba, as well as Gun Hill Station. But, he wanted to show us another spectacular lookout point, which was the Highland. Then, well, we spent more time than expected at Welchman Hall Gully, and my husband really wanted to see the Concorde Experience, so we decided to forego the Flower Forest. After the Concorde Experience, we had Cameron drop us in Bridgetown, and we got our own way back to the ship. Our cost for the 4 hours was $130. Cameron charges for the car, not pp. Any admissions charges are additional. We had Cameron for our driver this past time and he is just the nicest man, but we've also had one of his other drivers, Herman, and we also enjoyed having Herman as our driver. Here is Cameron's website if you would like to check out his tours: scenicbarbados.com His direct email is camireid@yahoo.com Don't be concerned if it takes a day or two to hear back from him. He and I usually email back and forth a few times to set our itinerary of what we're going to see and do within the time we have in port.

Sorry for the delay in getting this review out. We went with Cameron on 7/1. I set up with him via email what we were interested in doing. You can email him at Cameron Reid <camireid@yahoo.com>. We had seven people in our group. Four adults, and three children (10, 10, and 4). I had read several guide books, and all of the message boards on what to do and picked Cameron for various reasons.

So, we met him as soon as we got off the boat (Carnival Victory) and he was right where he said. He was dressed very neatly, and his van was VERY CLEAN. And off we went!

I had told him via email that we wanted to go to Earthworks Pottery, Harrisons Cave, the wildlife refuge and to swim with turtles. It was going to be a full, all day adventure. Barbados was the place I was most looking forward to going because of the turtles and the pottery. (I like to shop!)

Our first stop was a beautiful scenic overlook of Barbados. Sorry I cannot get the pictures bigger. I am not a computer expert! :)

2380228300105343574RZgWMa_th.jpg

OK...then we went to Earthworks Pottery. You can check out their pottery at http://www.earthworks-pottery.com/. I LOVED THIS PLACE! The front is a store where they sell their pottery. In the back, they are making the pottery. The children really liked watching them make pottery. Later we learned that the children could have made their own, but we didn't know that at the time. We must save something I guess! :)

Anyway, here is EarthWorks.

2563312450105343574cvQzGD_th.jpg

I bought some beautiful vases and some plates to go home with. They will ship it back if you like. I just had them wrap it up for me, and carried it on the plane. They also have boxes. I love this place. LOVE THIS PLACE!. It has great stuff that you can't get back home and great for the people who take care of your pets while you are away! Have I said that I love this place?!?!?

We stayed a while at Earthworks, you will see why later. Cameron said, Oh, she likes to shop! Because I carried out quite a few things!

We next were off to Harrisons Cave. It is ranked as one of the top attractions to see. It is going to be undergoing some renovations and be closed for the next several months. Our cruise did not offer this excursion, and we booked it for the kids.

http://harrisonscave.com/home.php

If I remember correctly, it was $20 USD for adults, and $15 USD for kids. We had a short wait (about 30 minutes) before our tour began. With this tour you were in a tram car...so no walking! We just rode around in the small cave. The cave is very nice, but small. If you have been to American caves, it is really small. But nice. We booked this for the kids and the kids really enjoyed it. The tour lasted a little over an hour, and we were off again!.....

2244636970105343574MLSmqh_th.jpg

2228800940105343574rAdEvB_th.jpg

More to come....

100_0467.jpg.a5c0517ae82bfa087f39bfd654bbcff0.jpg

After Harrisons cave, we were STARVED. I dont know if our stomachs had expanded due to all of the eating on the boat, or what...but we wanted to eat! So, we threw that out to Cameron, and he was more than happy to bring us someplace.

So, we went to this local place, where another tour was...Glory Tours??!?!? Anyway, it was good, authentic Carribean food. We could have shared a plate. This took a little while, but it was nice to relax, enjoy the local cuisine and just take it all in. We had a carribean chicken with their version of macaroni and cheese. Now of course, the kids wanted the US version of macaroni and cheese! But, you get what you get and you dont throw a fit! I was kind of glad the kids didnt want theirs,,,,I was hungry! :)

We also picked up Carmeron's lunch.

So, we talked to Cameron as we were a little concerned about time. Since I had shopped longer than "normal" (Normal for HIM...not for ME! ) And we threw in lunch, which we were not planning.... So, he said that if we went to the monkeys, we would have to hurry. Although Glory Tours at lunch was still doing both the monkeys and the turtles. I didn't want to rush it, so we skipped the monkeys. Again, save it for next time!

We got back in the van and drove to swim with the sea turtles. I am glad we chose to do this instead of the monkeys! Cameron called ahead and let them know we were coming. And parked. He told us where to go, and the guy was waiting for us. (It was a real short walk....no big deal at all). We were very excited about this. The boat charged $20 Per person per hour. You can swim it from shore if you like. But, heck...you are on vacation! So, on this boat we went. The boat drivers had turtle food (fish parts) to attract the turtles. My youngest was a little nervous, so she didn't put on her snorkel, but I had brought her a life vest. I plopped her right in (she is four) and I went in right after her. I am waiting...waiting...waiting for turles....nothing! The water is crystal clear blue...no other fish. Nothing to it. AMAZING water...but waiting on the turtles. Then out comes the fish bait...and turtles! My youngest was sooooo excited. The two ten year olds could not believe it! They could touch the turtles. There are several tour guides there all pointing out when the turtles are near, where they are, etc. They are good at this. The other female adult that was traveling with us, this was her first time snorkeling, and she loved it! We used our underwater camera, so this is the only shot I have with our "normal" camera. I can't wait to pick up our underwater pictures! Bring an underwater camera!

2852377290105343574YhmafF_th.jpg

The other thing I have to say here is the snorkel gear is not the best on these boats. If you have snorkel gear I highly recommend you bring your own. Also, the life jackets are not the best either. I am glad that I had brought one for my youngest. We brought our own snorkel gear and I was glad!

We returned to the boat. Right next to the boat, there is shopping. There is another Earthworks pottery store. Of course, I had to help the Barbados economy a little bit more!

There was a group playing for us as we headed back to the boat...

2908281520105343574nfKhpS_th.jpg

My girls loved this. They danced to this group!

My review of Cameron in a nutshell: Cameron is very professional. He is more reserved than our other tour guides we hired. He is short, and to the point. He is HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL! I loved that we could customize where we wanted to go, and what we wanted to do. I would use him in a heartbeat. !!!

I hope you enjoyed this review.

• 3 months later...

We got back in the van and drove to swim with the sea turtles. I am glad we chose to do this instead of the monkeys! Cameron called ahead and let them know we were coming. And parked. He told us where to go, and the guy was waiting for us. (It was a real short walk....no big deal at all). We were very excited about this. The boat charged $20 Per person per hour. You can swim it from shore if you like. But, heck...you are on vacation! So, on this boat we went. The boat drivers had turtle food (fish parts) to attract the turtles. My youngest was a little nervous, so she didn't put on her snorkel, but I had brought her a life vest. I plopped her right in (she is four) and I went in right after her. I am waiting...waiting...waiting for turles....nothing! The water is crystal clear blue...no other fish. Nothing to it. AMAZING water...but waiting on the turtles. Then out comes the fish bait...and turtles! My youngest was sooooo excited. The two ten year olds could not believe it! They could touch the turtles. There are several tour guides there all pointing out when the turtles are near, where they are, etc. They are good at this. The other female adult that was traveling with us, this was her first time snorkeling, and she loved it! We used our underwater camera, so this is the only shot I have with our "normal" camera. I can't wait to pick up our underwater pictures! Bring an underwater camera!

Great review!

I have one question:

Was it fairly easy to get into the boat from the water?

Archived