Is Carnival water clean?

Yo Eleven

Are you seriously concerned about this? Anytime service is done to water systems....in houses, hotels or ships, there is sediment and air in the system. Simply run the water, in any of the said places, and the line will return with clear, clean water. Jeesh, enough.:confused:

That may be true of water that remains static for a long time. Residual water that is used continuously like on a ship , if the water runs anything but clear i wouldn' t be drinking it. From a LOCAL 46 member PLUMBER of 35 yrs!

That may be true of water that remains static for a long time. Residual water that is used continuously like on a ship , if the water runs anything but clear i wouldn' t be drinking it. From a LOCAL 46 member PLUMBER of 35 yrs!

As a self-paranoid rule, I don't drink bathroom water anywhere. On a Carnival ship, the water always available on Lido is perfectly great....color and taste-free (I am an H2o-aholic, btw). No need to buy the bottled water at $2.50 ea, in my opinion.

As a self-paranoid rule, I don't drink bathroom water anywhere. On a Carnival ship, the water always available on Lido is perfectly great....color and taste-free (I am an H2o-aholic, btw). No need to buy the bottled water at $2.50 ea, in my opinion.

Do u realize how much water a ship would go through in a day? I won't bore you with details . Just let me say i wouldn't be drinking any water from any ship unless u like recycled water or salt water purified with chemicals.

It looks like my gut feeling was 100% correct.

Is this proof adequate to convince you that the video is authentic?

http://www.karcartravel.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page6.html

You completely lost me with your link. What is in it that proves or disproves anything other than the poster obviously had a great cruise experience on the Legend? By the way, I have sailed on the Legend twice, most recently in April of this year and saw no brown water anywhere, and never heard anyone complain about it.

You completely lost me with your link. What is in it that proves or disproves anything other than the poster obviously had a great cruise experience on the Legend? By the way, I have sailed on the Legend twice, most recently in April of this year and saw no brown water anywhere, and never heard anyone complain about it.

The sink is IDENTICAL to the one featured in the video with the poo poo water. :D

I have sailed on Carnival 10 times with 3 more booked at the present and I have never sailed the Legend but I can promise you that the water on the Holiday does come out brown in the sink. I am not cutting the ship it was one of my favorite cruises and yes I drank the water at dinner every evening but I carried water from the buffet to the room to take my meds with. I am not a plumber and I figured it was probably just rust in the storage tank but I am not sure why but it was brown.

Take a hint from a plumber , If water runs brown you have a PROBLEM!! I wouldn't be drinking it unless you like the flavor of **** or rust! Bring your own bottled water and buy it on ship and be prepared to get sick, and BTW they will just there you it's the flu virus lol.

Does your name happen to be JOE??

I have sailed on Carnival 10 times with 3 more booked at the present and I have never sailed the Legend but I can promise you that the water on the Holiday does come out brown in the sink. I am not cutting the ship it was one of my favorite cruises and yes I drank the water at dinner every evening but I carried water from the buffet to the room to take my meds with. I am not a plumber and I figured it was probably just rust in the storage tank but I am not sure why but it was brown.

CC Exclusive!

WE have a brown water sighting!!!!! :D

Do u realize how much water a ship would go through in a day? I won't bore you with details . Just let me say i wouldn't be drinking any water from any ship unless u like recycled water or salt water purified with chemicals.

I would assume that the lemonade, tea, coffee, ice , etc. are made with the ship's water.

Speaking of Holiday. Read this. The review does talk about the water among other things. Wow! :eek:

http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=54038

Google CDC, and cruise ships.

They do annual surprise inspections...and you can see which ships passed, and which failed. You can also read detailed reports of why certain ships failed,and what they did in order to pass.

The inspections are pretty thorough...and water systems are thoroughly tested.

The water on the ship is made from Reserve Osmosis from sea water and not treated with chemicals. In fact RO unit is probably one of the best, purest sources of water available--better than most bottled water.

It's used for Aquariums as clean water source...and those fisheys are very, very picky about their water.

The only times have heard about problem is on older ships with outdated RO systems...they have to flush the filtering unit and some of the nasty bits from the filters get backwashed into the lines or when they change the RO filters. Some sediments can go into the lines. This is NOTHING compaired what your bottle water corporation does...infact it's probably the same thing, if you're lucky and they don't just fill the water out of a tap.

The water on the lido and state rooms comes from the same source. (at least on modern ships).

In any house.

My house...your house.

- even the hotel across the street! :eek:

Geez you guys scare easy, huh? :cool:

I live in upstate NY and the rust is terrible. We have this massive sediment filter to get rid of most of it. Then the town wants to put in a new RFID water meter and I complain about the rust so they dig up my driveway to retap my water line on TOP instead of the bottom where it was so it would reduce the rust.

Yes rust happens. It's ok. You got crap in the line and it flushes out.

I still use the sediment filter!

and I have an RO system for drinking water.

Archived