Kids' lanyards -- provided or for sale on RCI?

Janeite

OK, getting ready for final packing for cruise on the Enchantment this weekend.

Are kids given lanyards in Adventure Ocean to keep their SeaPass cards on or do we need to buy them? :confused:

If we need to buy them, I'm sure I can find something cheaper and more distinct at home before we go.

Thanks to all CCers. I've learned so much and I think I'm much more prepared for this first cruise.

I'm sure I'll think of other questions!

I know on Freedom they were given to them but I think by Indy (Feb of this year) we had to buy them.

I know we have ones that say Adventure Ocean on them. But I am pretty sure we bought the 2nd round in the gift shop. They are cheap - like $3.99-$4.99. So it's not too bad.

We just bought them on the Enchantment, and they were $4.50 - so really cheap. They had a couple of different Adventure Ocean ones, as well as a Royal Caribbean one, which my boys chose. When we went looking for them, I expected them to be around $10, so was pleasantly surprised by the price.

I'm not saying this helps on Day 1, but we did a Hawaii sailing last year on Radiance and on one of the 5 consecutive sea days at the end we went to a family craft time in the adventure ocean area and the activity was to use markers to decorate a lanyard. It was free.

On Navigator last year at the AO welcome event DS's age group aquanauts didn't get lanyards they got a little Inky, the older kids got a lanyard.

On our recent Enchantment cruise DS still in aquanauts got both lanyard and Inky at the sign up.

I guess it really varies.

Both of my kids (8 and 11) got lanyards the first night in Adventure Ocean. I don't know if they would have gotten them if they hadn't been there that night.

They didn't roam free on the ship (our choice), but they liked having the lanyard for the name tag they also got that first night and to carry their own SeaPass card occasionally. They didn't have charge privileges so it wasn't a real risk. But it made them feel special and they liked opening the cabin door themselves sometimes (with us there). :)

• 3 weeks later...

My son has gotten lanyards on every cruise except this past one on Explorer to Bermuda. Luckily, we brought one from prior years so he was all set. They punch a hole in the seapass card so he can wear it and we keep track of it. He got Inky the final night for being in perfect Adventure ocean attendance for 5 nights! It clipped right onto the lanyard.

Archived