Are there any city tours other than Carnival?

lindseesmom

Thanks and did check them out. I booked a private tour for Roatan too and that person was so friendly in their e-mails. I have no idea who I was e-mailing from Reggie's as no one signed the e-mails. I am not too sure about using them.

As we got off the tender in Belize, there were plenty of local tour guides offering excursions. We took the 3 hr city/country tour for $30.00 ea. and it was very good. The guide was very informative and we made 3 stops along the way to buy some local crafts and to do some sightseeing.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks and did check them out. I booked a private tour for Roatan too and that person was so friendly in their e-mails. I have no idea who I was e-mailing from Reggie's as no one signed the e-mails. I am not too sure about using them.

I've used Reggie three or four times already. He's very reliable and reasonably priced. His tours aren't limited to what's on his website. He'll do anything you want. Belieze City isn't much to tour, and you have to go through most of it to get out of town to do the other tours. Reggie and his staff will drive you past the points of interest and describe stuff, so you get a City Tour included in any other tour from him! The cruise "City Tours" take you shopping, from which they get a kickback.

One thing I really want to do this time (September '09) will be to get lunch from this shanty in the middle of nowhere... Amazingly, every time we've gone by, Reggie picks up his lunch there, and there are 8-10 other vehicles parked out there. At first I was reluctant, but since it seems to be very popular with the locals, I will try it out! Also the Belikin Brewery tour as we have a couple of die-hard beer drinkers with us on this cruise :)

Hope you have fun!

Oh, another thing. He's absolutely "Safety First" on cave tubing. He has no more than 6 people per guide and everyone is linked. I've had him break away from us a few times to help out "Cruise Line cave tubers" that were left to fend for themselves, and one memorable time there was a woman headed for serious injury that Reggie saw and averted.

One thing I really want to do this time (September '09) will be to get lunch from this shanty in the middle of nowhere... Amazingly, every time we've gone by, Reggie picks up his lunch there, and there are 8-10 other vehicles parked out there. :)

Ooh, let us know the name of this place. Like to know how this compares to JamBel's Jerk Pit. Might just have do the "Reggie tour" here in January. A city tour is certainly something to consider. DW won't be big on brewery tours but BIL and maybe SIL will go for it.

Archived