LAX Flight

jfv379

As ex Military,

Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades. :eek:

No matter what folk might tell you if the ship is late:

a. getting in;

b. clearing customs; or

c. for any other unexpected reason,

I have always gone with flights at 1300hrs or later. It's better to be safe than sorry. That's not to say that a Princess shuttle to LAX might get you to the right terminal in time for checkin. They ask you to input your pre and post cruise flights on the Personalizer, so if you do take the shuttle. they can schedule you on a specific dep from San Pedro to get you to LAX in time for your flt checkin.

Hope this helps, and...

Ciao for now!!!

As ex Military,

Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades. :eek:

No matter what folk might tell you if the ship is late:

a. getting in;

b. clearing customs; or

c. for any other unexpected reason,

I have always gone with flights at 1300hrs or later. It's better to be safe than sorry. That's not to say that a Princess shuttle to LAX might get you to the right terminal in time for checkin. They ask you to input your pre and post cruise flights on the Personalizer, so if you do take the shuttle. they can schedule you on a specific dep from San Pedro to get you to LAX in time for your flt checkin.

Hope this helps, and...

Ciao for now!!!

Close for sure, but I think a taxi will do better than the shuttle.

The next flight is 4.20 PM so I guess just more time at the airport.

Thanks

You should be OK as long as you can get early disembarkation (it doesn't have to be self-disembarkation.) Fridays on LA highways can be a nightmare, as can the airport.

Having lived and worked in the Boston area for decades and seen the traffic there, I pooh-poohed how bad LA is as I didn't experience it whenever I visited. Until one afternoon I was visiting friends in Glendale and left at about 2:30pm, thinking I'd miss the rush-hour traffic as it'd taken me only just over an hour to get there (from Orange County.) FOUR 1/2 HOURS later, I finally dragged myself in the door. It was awful. :( Mile after mile after mile of snail's crawl. It never eased up, never went faster than 10mph, crawling forward, one car length at a time. Believe me, I'm now a believer and will never take any comment about LA traffic lightly again.

Thanks everyone for the info.

Just off the phone with airlines and I can't do an open jaw ticket because return leg is to short. I'm not sure if this is a restriction on using miles or a standard restriction. I spoke with two separate agents on two different airlines.

Plan B is we will rent a car and drive back to Phoenix. It will be cheaper than flying(bags and such) and we will be home before any of the flights from LAX or LGB will land in Phoenix.

Plan the scenic route back through San Diego. Never been that way as yet.

Thanks again.

John

Last year we had a 11:45 flight our of LAX to LAS after our cruise. We were off the ship, in a taxi and checked in at the airport by 10:00. It really worked out well for us but we also knew if we missed the flight we would be able to get another flight as they are frequent to LAS. This was on a FF ticket.

May have to rethink the San Diego route.:confused: It's almost an extra 3 hours.:eek:

Maybe DW will want to spend a night in SD area.:eek:

That's why they call them vacations:eek:

Archived