3 tenders on 9/27 Barcelona to Athens Itinerary

Sprigs616

Hi all,

A friend and I are seriously considering the 9/27 Journey from Barcelona to Athens but the itinerary shows us being tendered three times. I've never been on this ship.

Does anyone know whether their tender process is pretty efficient?

Any other pro's or con's I should think about for this itinerary?

Azamara's tendering process is very efficient, probably due to the small size of ship.

We did a 14 day Med cruise on Quest last October and have nothing but positive things to say about our experience. I think the itinerary you've chosen is wonderful (I keep looking at it myself and have to keep talking myself out of it because we've visited all but two of the ports on previous Med cruises and we have a long list of new places that we want to travel to.)

So, with the great itinerary, beautiful ship, delicious food & attentive service, and lovely time of year to cruise in the Med ... no cons, just pros! Good luck with your decision.:)

Azamara's tendering process is very efficient, probably due to the small size of ship. ,,,,, So, with the great itinerary, beautiful ship, delicious food & attentive service, and lovely time of year to cruise in the Med ... no cons, just pros! Good luck with your decision.:)

Thanks, Susan! I really appreciate receiving such a great reference from someone who is familiar with this line.

Azamara's tendering process is very efficient, probably due to the small size of ship.

We did a 14 day Med cruise on Quest last October and have nothing but positive things to say about our experience. I think the itinerary you've chosen is wonderful (I keep looking at it myself and have to keep talking myself out of it because we've visited all but two of the ports on previous Med cruises and we have a long list of new places that we want to travel to.)

So, with the great itinerary, beautiful ship, delicious food & attentive service, and lovely time of year to cruise in the Med ... no cons, just pros! Good luck with your decision.:)

Last September, we cruised "The Best of Italy" on the Quest and tendered in several ports. Our experience was identical with Susan M. Just go for it and enjoy.

We actually quite like the Tenders. Going into some ports is great fun and you often get far closer to the City than you otherwise would........Dubrovnik is a good case.

I have been on board a ship that docked about 2 miles away and last year on Quest we tendered right in to Town.......well to the small dock by the Gate.

The very best approach is to Bonifacio..........spectacular.

Brian

I also found the tendering process to be very smooth. On our Best of Italy they sent a tender every 15 minutes, whether it was full or not. One thing to keep in mind is that they will not announce that passengers can go onto the tenders until all of the early tour groups have departed. You can still go as soon as they open for business, but they won't tell you - just show up and get on with the tour groups.:)

One thing to keep in mind is that they will not announce that passengers can go onto the tenders until all of the early tour groups have departed. You can still go as soon as they open for business, but they won't tell you - just show up and get on with the tour groups.:)

Jean - Great advice to keep in mind. Thank you! (Off topic .. Just wanted to say how much I love Southern California. I own a small condo in San Diego (Little Italy) .. just a few blocks from where the cruise ships dock and plan to retire there someday.)

All - I booked my cruise this morning and want to thank all of you for your help. I feel much more confident now about tendering at three ports.

Arlene

Don't forget to register for the meet and mingle through Azamara at the line on this website. 8 Registered so far, almost half way there.

You bet .. just as soon as I get my reservation number.

Jean - Great advice to keep in mind. Thank you! (Off topic .. Just wanted to say how much I love Southern California. I own a small condo in San Diego (Little Italy) .. just a few blocks from where the cruise ships dock and plan to retire there someday.)

All - I booked my cruise this morning and want to thank all of you for your help. I feel much more confident now about tendering at three ports.

Arlene

We're in LA County, and I love it here - I'm from Connecticut originally, and, although it was great to grow up there, I prefer no snow or humidity that makes my hair poof out. Some days I think I'd like to retire to San Diego, but moving is such a hassle, and DH did it 20 times while he was in the Navy, so I don't think I'd be able to convince him (even though he spent a lot of his formative years on Coronado Island).

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!:)

.. Coronado Island. .. Have a wonderful time on your cruise!:)

I love Coronado Island! One of my son's best friends became the Brewmaster at Coronado Brewery when he was 24. What an amazing job for someone straight out of college!

I hope you have a great cruise, too!

Archived