Dover to Heathrow Questions

Tallassie

I'll be on an Oceania cruise which disembarks at Dover. I'm trying to figure out if it would be easier to desembark a day earlier and fly out of Paris instead. I can't get into the website to see what they're currently charging for the ship's transfer to the airport. Has anyone done this lately who can tell me the cost? And is the ship's airport transfer any faster than the National Express coach or train?

It may just be easier to take the train from Rouen to CDG and fly out there.

Thanks in advance for any answers you may have.

Tallassie

Believe the O transfer cost is about $130 USD per person.

There are numerous private transfer companies that will take you from Dover to LHR. You can post on your roll call to see if you can get a group together so the price per individual is lower.

On transfer company that has been mentioned on the boards is Adelphia. For our cruise I received a quote from them and it was 140 GBP for 4 to 6 people. Don't know how many bags they assumed.

There is one thread in the British Isles forum where people have used Adelphia.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=19919149

We were on NCL Jewel for a Baltic Capitals cruise just a over a week ago.

My wife and I jumped on the ferry to Calais (£29 for the 2 of us) and rented a car from Hertz (National, Europcar and at least one other has rentals at the ferry terminal).

Rental with unlimited kms for 3 days was under €170 (plus fuel). We wandered about for the 3 days in Pas de Calais and Normandy before dropping the car in Paris. We spent 3 days in Paris before flying home from CDG airport.

Return flights from CDG to Canada were actually $50 per person cheaper than from LHR. (Departure taxes and charges are lower at CDG than LHR)

I'll be on an Oceania cruise which disembarks at Dover. I'm trying to figure out if it would be easier to desembark a day earlier and fly out of Paris instead. I can't get into the website to see what they're currently charging for the ship's transfer to the airport. Has anyone done this lately who can tell me the cost? And is the ship's airport transfer any faster than the National Express coach or train?

It may just be easier to take the train from Rouen to CDG and fly out there.

Thanks in advance for any answers you may have.

Tallassie

AS mentioned earlier the cost for O transport is $130 p/p. We used airportcruisetransfers a car for 2 w/4 bags was 120 pounds. Driver very nice picked us up on time at 7:30 and we were at LHR at 9:30.

Archived