Anybody Agree With This Statement About Cruising!?!?

mysterytrain

No and I hope your GF is kidding. Cruising isn't for everyone (a feeling of "confinement" is the gripe I hear most from people who have tried and don't like it) but hopefully she will get on-board and have a great time.

I've never understood the "too confining" statement. I can understand why someone with claustrophobia may feel uncomfortable in an inside cabin, but the ship itself is like a small city with various venues, so you're never confined to an area.

Go enjoy your cruise and report back with your observations, including whether you felt confined.

Roz

"Cruising is like being in jail with the possibility of drowning!"

My GF and I are taking our FIRST CRUISE tomorrow on the Conquest!

She's nervous and I'm thrilled!:D

I think you are preaching to the choir, so to speak, with your question .....most here LOVE cruising (why we are here) and so, of course, will not agree with that statement. :D

Here's to hoping she loves it and you both have a wonderful cruise. :)

Our first cruise ever was on a one night cruise to nowhere from NYC on the Amerikansis. (It was a reward from work.) Everything was closed except the bars and food. Unless I wanted to hobnob with people from the office (my DW didn't know anyone and these people talked shop all night), it was terribly boring. I could not wait to get off that tub the next day!

That memory certainly weighed in my mind while waiting to depart on our first Carnival cruise years later. I was thinking about what would I do if I had to relive the cruise to nowhere experience for FIVE nights, not just one?

Well, needless to say we took that cruise and we've never looked back again!!! Cruises are one of the best vacations we've ever took. There is no sense of confinement at all for us. In fact, aside from the activities, we treasure long periods of sitting on deck just watching the water go by.

Have a great cruise!!!

I must agree with the masses here. I have never felt "locked up" on a cruise. I do know of many people who have felt that way and will not cruise again. I suggest that you get involved in the activities on the ship too keep you occupied and your mind busy. And if that fails, EAT!!!!!

On a grander scale, you could even apply that to the Earth.

BTW, continue your search.

Yep... I agree completely. It's terrible. Neither of you should go.

Now, so that it's not a total waste, leave your fun passes with Bill at Galveston for me and I'll work out the name change issues.

;)

I don't agree but my brother-in-law would... He and his family absolutely hated cruising, even giving it a 2nd try when we begged them. He felt confined, and couldn't wait to get back on land...

And, if your girlfriend still feels that way about cruising after being on it, you need to find a new girlfriend!!

As others on this board, of course I DON'T AGREE, but that's just us.:D You couldn't have reasonably expected a different response. :)

However, I have found some married men in my group that don't want to cruise (a very small group) find the thought of them being "stuck" with their wives 24 hours a day for 7 days very undesirable. They explain it as a desire to avoid confinement. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if their wives felt the same way. :D

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yall are hilarious!:D

I was just asking because my GF's uncle told her that on the phone last night. Nice of him to make her feel even more apprehensive:rolleyes:

I absolutely am looking forward to my first cruise! I know it will be a blast, especially after reading the posts on CruiseCritic!

Yall are like a big family and the amount of assistance I have gotten the last few days is very gratifying to me!

Host Mach has been especially gracious and helpful and he could cruise with us anytime! The rest of yall, too!:)

LOL funny thread.

I am claustrophobic and I was so scared before my first cruise, I was sure I'd feel "pinned in" being on that big body of water with no way off.

Well needless to say, if this is jail I wanna rob a bank and stay forever!!!!!

Love the rocking, love the feeling of complete relaxation!!!

Love the sound of the waves while I read my book and sip my DOD or baileys and coffee.

I agree with the poster that said if you gf doesn't like it, you need to find a new gf!!!

Have an awesome cruise!!!

Carole

Archived