Sorry - but tell me about the pool water

Someone correct me but I think Freedom and Liberty are the only RCCL ships that are fresh water pools. All others are salt.

Tim

and I believe Independence? Basically all Freedom class are fresh water, the rest salt.

Nope, I don't care about the water, but I'm researching RC for a friend who does. They are considering either Radiance or the class after the Radiance class. Sorry, but I'm familiar with Princess, haven't sailed on RC yet.

I appreciate the help - she's looking at a med cruise in July of next year.

Do you really care what kind of water they have? I mean really?

Sure some people do care about the water in the pools, as they have concerns about the chemicals added to those that are not simply sea water. For some this is about allergies, which could be serious, and for others (mainly women) it is about how some chemicals can ruin expensive swimwear. Many only want heavily treated water, because of unthinkable things that some people do in the pools. Although rest assured all pools are treated in some way.

......... Many only want heavily treated water, because of unthinkable things that some people do in the pools. Although rest assured all pools are treated in some way.

Either type of water is treated with enough chemicals to kill even the toughest germs. Of course it is unfit to drink for humans. So it *should* be not really a concern.

Do you really care what kind of water they have? I mean really?

Yeah really, I do care. I cannot swim in saltwater and then sit in the sun....I have an allergic reaction. I learned the hard way by spending several hundred dollars at the medical center on board cruising 8 years ago. Hives all over and the pain was unbelievable...it felt like I was being stung by bees. Then the swelling set in. Not pretty. I always rinse off really well when at the beach, but didn't think to do it on the Adventure. Just returned from the Freedom and it was heaven being able to swim in the pools and not worry about hives. All of the pools are fresh water on Freedom class ships.

Archived