Love Cruises

franklin1

I have several questions. Is it better to book through discounted trip packages or through Princess? Sometimes there's lots of money saved by using other companies.

Does the Alaska Connoisseur trip always leave from Pier 91 in Seattle? Can someone advise us a hotel close to the pier?

Thanks in advance

Nancy

I have several questions. Is it better to book through discounted trip packages or through Princess? Sometimes there's lots of money saved by using other companies.

Does the Alaska Connoisseur trip always leave from Pier 91 in Seattle? Can someone advise us a hotel close to the pier?

Thanks in advance

Nancy

It is always good to do your homework on private tours versus Princess ones.

Just remember that if you are on a private tour and there is a problem getting back to the ship, the ship will not wait for you where on a Princess tour they will .

This year's Connoisseur is on Pacific Princess out of Seattle, Pier 91. I don't know about next year's cruises. I just read of someone on another thread who said next years mini suites were already gone though, and that one is on Royal Princess. We booked fairly early and the cost has continued upwards. But that is still not the answer you wanted!!!

A very useful thread for all things Seattle is Seattle Q&A/FAQ found at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com./showthread.php?t=720705. Lots of answers about transportation, food, hotels, sight seeing!

Noj

This year's Connoisseur is on Pacific Princess out of Seattle, Pier 91. I don't know about next year's cruises. I just read of someone on another thread who said next years mini suites were already gone though, and that one is on Royal Princess. We booked fairly early and the cost has continued upwards. But that is still not the answer you wanted!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com./showthread.php?t=720705. Lots of answers about transportation, food, hotels, sight seeing!

Noj

Just an FYI here. The Royal Princess does not offer any mini suites. That could be why some thought they were already gone (if I am reading your reply correctly here). The Royal does not have any mini suites, just full suites and then balcony staterooms. ;)

Noj

That exlains my confusion about where it sailed from. Last year, we took is cruise from Vancouver on the Tahitian. I had not realized they had changed the departure port

Thanks in advance

Nancy

Nancy,

It is my experience that a travel agent can almost always get the better deal. We go through a chain travel agency that specializes in cruises and from what I understand they can get deals by purchasing blocks of rooms at a discount and pass the savings on to the customers. Our travel agent will call us with a great deal and we decide if it is something we can do.

We probably would have never ended up on a cruise in Tahiti if it wasn't for our TA. It turned out to be the best cruise we have been on yet! - AND at a price that we could have never beat!

Good luck to you

Demented - :cool:

Thanks everyone for their replys. I've never worked with a travel agent and have done the leg work myself, so maybe it's time to find a good TA. We live in the mountains of NC so the selection is none to none.

Again thanks

Toto - thanks for the FYI. I have read that earlier but what stuck in mind was the post about not available. I thought later I wonder which cruise that was for but from your FYI its on any cruise. That must make for an interesting deck arrangement though. I am also glad to see comments from those sailing Royal Princess now!!!

Noj

Archived