Multiple portions in specialty/fee venues?

Prnsessmoi

I'm not sure if this would be the right place to ask this question or not, but here goes.

We are looking at the NCL Pearl for Alaska in 2011. Just doing research now. But I'm wondering, if we choose to eat at one of the specialty restaurants, and choose to order from the (higher) fee part of the menu, would we be able to order 2 different entree's? Or would we have to pay the additional amount for EACH entree? For instance at the steakhouse, if we pay the $25pp surcharge, and want to pay the extra (I think it's) $10 for the "additional charge" lobster, could the same person also get the "additional charge" king crab? Or would it be $10 additional charge for each item? :o

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about NCL, or any other line for that matter. I too would be interested in any answers to this for various lines that now have "premium" restaurants.

We plan to dine in one such venue when we go to AK next summer and would likely order multiple orders of escargot if given the opportunity! (Wish there wasn't a corkage fee on top of the fee for the restaurant if we bring our own wine given that we are already paying a premium to dine there)

An experienced diner in the Carnival Cruise Line board was able to shed some light on this. The $30.00 fee for dinning at the Supper Club / Steak House provides a regular meal. No multiple servings. They said if you were lucky you might be able to get an extra appetizer but not extras on the main etc.

Still looking forward to it though!

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this on another thread: Just back from the Sky this past Monday and you can order as many items as you want...or at least my boyfriend and I each had two appetizers, entrees and desserts!! We did this in the Palace, Crossing and La Bistro (NO extra/double charge, we asked first! LOL). We did this so we could sample more of the yummy food!! Granted, the appetizers are pretty small but the entrees are nice sized so bring your appetite! Last, might I suggest the creme brulee!!! YUM YUM!!! Almost as good as the banana bread on a stick dipped in chocolate...I gained three pounds from these alone (and I don't even like chocolate)! :-(

I thought the initial question was regarding the "additional charge" items, not he cover. Such as Cagney's on NCL ships. They have a $25 cover, but some meals are an extra $20 or King Crab is an additional $20. If that is what you are asking, then yes, you have to pay the additional fee for each item you want. So if you go there and want the 24oz porterhouse its $20 and King crab its $20 for a total of $65.

Archived