Past Azamara Mediterranean Cruisers please answer

stipmom

Have they ever had a promotion of "free" or reduced airfare? If yes, how soon before the cruise did they offer it?

I am booked on the June 20,2010 sailing of the Quest-Istanbul to Athens. Airlines will soon open up booking for that timeframe. Airfare from Azamara seems to be about $600 more than what I can get on my own. I would wait to book if there is a chance of an airfare promotion from Azamara. Oceania has one till Aug 31. Factoring in the Oceania air credits Oceania will cost about $125 more per person but the Azamara dates are a little better for us.

Yes, they do occasionally when occupancy isn't what they want it to be on a particular sailing. Usually within a couple months of sailing, often now just for the top suites.

They did play with "free" air similar to what Oceania offers, but have moved away from it again.

Probably doesn't help your decision making process, but in general, wouldn't count on the probability of such a promotion to be added to your sailing unless economy further tanks and ships are sailing less full.

Good news, however, if such a promo does happen, as long as it's not one of the "Happy Hour" (after final payment 1-day-only promos for new bookings only and called Deluxe Deals), Azamara usually will allow new offers to be added to current bookings, just as they allow fare reductions.

They did on one just last week. Got it Friday afternoon. Thought about it for a while. Sat couldn't get TA we had worked with, associated with the deal.

By Monday, it had disappeared. Gal got back to us Monday, no deal available.

Had gone up about $500 per person, with no OBC (orginally $350, which covered gratuities).

We considered it, and then booked a guarantee on-line. Guess we got about the last of those.

Archived