Pride in August and taking a Cooler?

tcgallup

we are taking a cruise in August with our 10month old, and were wondering if we can take a cooler with up to keep water, soda's and her food and all in? What is the policy with taking coolers?

Thanks

Tom

You can pack a collaspible cooler into your suitcase if you really have to have one. They only allow 12 X 12 X 12 inches coolers, starting last year because Im sure so many abuse the system where they are allowed to take drinks onboard. Some people here act like they think they are on a picnic and going on a ship that doesnt provide anything.

Hi and welcome to CC. If you want a few drinks, pack them into your checked luggage, or you can carry a few on, but we dont carry them on, too heavy.

Hey tcgallup, welcome. firefly333 did a nice job answering your question, so I'm not going to. But I did notice you were sailing Pride in August. We are sailing August 28th, what about you?

We will pack a soft sided cooler. Yes, I am one of those who will order a room service sandwich to take to the beach. Yes, it is a little extra planning to throw some ziplock bags into the cooler yes it takes up a little space in the suitcase. But we prefer to try to find beaches without the crowds and amenities.

We will pack a soft sided cooler. Yes, I am one of those who will order a room service sandwich to take to the beach. Yes, it is a little extra planning to throw some ziplock bags into the cooler yes it takes up a little space in the suitcase. But we prefer to try to find beaches without the crowds and amenities.

Better be carefull, there are some zealots on here who dont mind smuggling threads, but taking food off the ship they will become flamethrowers about ruining the ecology of foreign countries and breaking their laws.

I once said I took a muffin off in Cozumel and you should have heard them.

PS yea I know, one is breaking carnival's rules, the other is breaking a foreign countries laws.... I get it.

Just make sure that you don't have ice in the cooler when you are going through Security. My friend's had ice in their's and they couldn't put it through the scanner. They almost had to leave it but a security guide walked it through. But why chance it.

Better be carefull, there are some zealots on here who dont mind smuggling threads, but taking food off the ship they will become flamethrowers about ruining the ecology of foreign countries and breaking their laws.

I once said I took a muffin off in Cozumel and you should have heard them.

PS yea I know, one is breaking carnival's rules, the other is breaking a foreign countries laws.... I get it.

LOL - we take cereal to feed/attract the fish too! (but never wear jeans to dinner)

We took a cooler that was 12 x 12 x 12 and it went through fine. We actually checked it and it had ice, soda, and water in it. It made it to the room great. But, I would not go any larger unless you plan to put a collapsable one in your luggage. We actually bought one of those round collapsable coolers for our next cruise. We will see how well it does.

Make sure you tip your steward when you meet him and ask if he will keep ice in the cooler. We never had an empty cooler the entire cruise. It was awesome.

LOL - we take cereal to feed/attract the fish too! (but never wear jeans to dinner)

As long as its a sealed package of cereal or crackers, its allowed. I read thru 3 pages of flamers about my muffin, .... and then quit reading the thread of people upset about taking food ashore.

There have been a lot of people talking on these boards about how they always take a rolling cooler on the ship. So, I would have to say the answer is yes.

Not lately .... Id say why chance it and be one who gets it thrown away and then you have to find a way to carry the soda and water yourself in your carry on if you get stopped.

People used to take rolling coolers all the time .... and so Carnival changed the rules.

I have a son with autism. He will only eat certain foods (and brands). I packed a whole suitcase of his favorites. Rice krispy treats, cereal, peanut butter, jelly ect. and 12 bottles of caffene free diet soda. I even walked on with 2 1/2 loaves of bread (I carried it so it wouldn't get squished). In Port Canaveral I restocked our supply. Noone said anything. The only thing they had me throw away was an open bottle of soda that I was carrying (duh on my part).

we are taking a cruise in August with our 10month old, and were wondering if we can take a cooler with up to keep water, soda's and her food and all in? What is the policy with taking coolers?

Thanks

Tom

Coolers are restricted to 12 x 12x 12. Anything larger, you'll have to empty out at checkin and leave behind. Other arrangements can be made onboard for babyfood, etc. Some cabins have refrigerator. They don't care about your soda and water.........both available onboard...unlike babyfood.

Archived