Glyfada Beach - Corfu

cruzadict

Corfu is one of our ports of call in August and would love to visit Glyfada Beach. Can anyone give me some advise regarding public transport to this beach and the time it takes. Don't want to miss the ship!!!!

Buses:

Corfu to Glyfada:

06.45 - 09.00 - 11.00 - 14.30 - 16.00 - 20.00

Glyfada to Corfu:

07.15 - 09.30 - 11.30 -14.45 - 16.30 - 20.30

taxi cost: 15-20 euro...

Route: 20-25 minutes... 10 miles...

We took a cab. We negotiated a fare for drop off and pick up at an agreed to time. We did not pay until we got back to the port. II do not recall the rate ,but it was 2004 so I am not sure that the rate is relevant today. Nice beach with places to rent chairs and umbrellas and several tavernas to have lunch.

Keep in mind that there are multiple rental car dealers at the port and you can rent a small car for about 40 Euros. We like driving on the island for the flexibility and not having to deal with waiting for buses which do not always run on schedule.

Hank

As usual, I agree with Hank. (I think I've said that a few times.) We were in Corfu a few weeks ago, and rented a car, which was reserved. However, you could rent one on the spot. We drove to Lake Korission and spent a good deal of time there on the sand dunes, then took our time driving up the west coast to Glyfada Beach, hitting a few towns along the way, some intentionally and some not so intentionally. Glyfada Beach is quite sandy, unlike some other Corfu beaches. We rented chairs and spent the whole afternoon there. A number of restaurants are right on the beach, and you can eat in them (open air, of course), or take your food back to your chair, like we did. We bought some Greek wine and took it back to our chair, also. By the way, there was a lifeguard on duty. Terrific time.

Archived