Packing

deeolasingh

Is it too soon to start packing? I dont leave for about 5 weeks but it seems that all my weekend leading up to the cruise are booked... I pulled out the suitcase that still has clothes in it from my last cruise and my DD asked what was I doing... I normally pack 2 to 3 weeks out... so what do you think???:confused:

LOL Jeans... I hate to forget things...

And as for packing the nite before that cant happen we always drive down to NYCthe nite before we are set to travel to get a direct flight to where ever we are traveling to, I cant seem to find good flights out of philly, and not to mention for this trip the kiddies are stay with grandma who lives in NYC

LOL Jeans... I hate to forget things...

And as for packing the nite before that cant happen we always drive down to NYCthe nite before we are set to travel to get a direct flight to where ever we are traveling to, I cant seem to find good flights out of philly, and not to mention for this trip the kiddies are stay with grandma who lives in NYC

LOL! It drives me nuts...when I go to my destination and realize that I left something, that I already spent money for and then have to spend money on the same thing again.... LOL!!

Is it too soon to start packing? I dont leave for about 5 weeks but it seems that all my weekend leading up to the cruise are booked... I pulled out the suitcase that still has clothes in it from my last cruise and my DD asked what was I doing... I normally pack 2 to 3 weeks out... so what do you think???:confused:

I know people that always have a travel bag packed, myself included!:D

You never know when a good last minute deal is going to hit on the weekend...just jump in your car and go!

On a serious note...having a "24 hour survival kit" is also a great idea for disaster preparedness as well. If you need to leave your house in a hurry due to a natural or man-made disaster (fire, earthquake, hurricane, WWIII :))You have essentials ready to go at a moments notice.

I used to be on a wilderness search and rescue team where I was required to have gear ready to go at a moments notice. I just adapted that system into my own travel plans. Instead of just having an emergency bag, that sits there and collects dust...I use it regularly, and that allows me to keep my bag updated with equipment that I find useful.

There are certain items that I always keep packed: Medicine, sunscreen, first-aid, bug spray, personal hygiene products, extra cash, etc. Periodically (especially before a major trip), I do an inventory of the bag to make sure to throw out expired medication (I do a pretty good job rotating) and make sure my bag is well stocked with other supplies. Passports and important documents are kept separately, but easily accessed. It is also much easier to take things out of the bag I don't need for a specific trip, than to go around the house gathering and searching for them.

Sometimes I wake up on the weekend and decide I want to go hiking, to the beach, to the mountains, or wherever...and my travel bag is already packed and ready to go.

I have had a bucket for the last few weeks that I have thrown things in.

Created my *list* using excel and days not for specific outfits but to make sure I have enough outfits.

Laundry today

Pack tomorrow

If I complete those tasks, then I get rewarded with a manicure/pedicure on Thursday.

We leave Friday.

I do keep my normal travel bag which has toiletries and such all ready to go but never clothes. Too much dust around my house LOL

I have had a bucket for the last few weeks that I have thrown things in.

Created my *list* using excel and days not for specific outfits but to make sure I have enough outfits.

Laundry today

Pack tomorrow

If I complete those tasks, then I get rewarded with a manicure/pedicure on Thursday.

We leave Friday.

I do keep my normal travel bag which has toiletries and such all ready to go but never clothes. Too much dust around my house LOL

I don't keep clothes packed either.. Seasons change... and cloths are easy enough to grab from one place and throw in a bag.

I have a full shaving kit ready as I go to the gym several days a week. As for clothes - I am retired from The USAF Band and always packed for tour the night before. I have that down to a science:D

I do, however, get unusual things staged a bit earlier - like passport, assorted paperwork, sunscreen etc. I also make a list for them.

• 2 weeks later...

We are leaving in about 5 weeks and just tonight I started gathering stuff together and putting them in a large plastic container so that when I am ready to pack everything will (well should) be together. As for actually packing the suitcase I usually would pack about 3 or 4 weeks ahead of time, but this time I will TRY to wait a little longer. If I pack to early I tend to forget what I packed and end up forgeting something.:)

I don't start packing, I start buying clothes that I plan to take--like new T-shirts and shorts. I start buying that kind of stuff now while it's summer and we cruise in the winter and you can't find bathing suits anywhere in the winter. Where I live, it's mostly ranches and country living so I go to thrift shops for my evening wear and when we get back from the cruise, I redonate them back. Packing is part of all the excitement, have fun!

EXACTLY 4 weeks from tonight we will be on the first night of our 3 day on The Sensation - I was just gettng stuff together before I signed on tonight. We are doind 2 days in Cocoa Beach before hand to extend the week a bit - I'm using one of the over the door shoe holders for all my toiletries - it is hanging up now and I pack stuff up as I think of it (the small travel sized stuff) - it is definitely not too early to start! Keeps me from watching the clock!

I keep my travel gear ready...refil/buy whatz needed. I pack per length of trip. I live the last few dayz out of that makeup/stuff..so I will have all I need. Frommers (on line..the travel ppl) have a great print off list, for packing and home. I take the big bag to the self weigh at my post office.-, if flying. Zip lock bags are my carry all of choice..even for undies, T's, all things..TSA wont jumble up if they are peeking in. my 3-1-1 stuff fits nicely in my roll a board..with meds and jewelry too. The 2 gal work great

No way I started about 2months before. It ensures that you don't forget small things. Don't forget the space bags! They saved my life It made sure that I had enough clothes under the flight weight. 1 medium suitcase for a 7 day cruise. Formal wear and all....:D

I don't think it is too early at all. My suitcases are coming out this weekend for my cruise. It is part of the excitement of getting to the cruise date. There is lots of anticipation, lots of adding things and taking things out again and buying new stuff. I can't wait!

Archived