BOOKED MY 1st MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE ON AUGUST 2009! WINDSURF DRESS CODE-PLEASE ADVISE-

Tesla

So we've finalized our booking on Windsurf and I am wondering about the dress code for women on the ship? Will capris, shorts, and possibly jeans be appropriate for cruising on Windsurf?

Any advice is appreciated thanks in advance

So we've finalized our booking on Windsurf and I am wondering about the dress code for women on the ship? Will capris, shorts, and possibly jeans be appropriate for cruising on Windsurf?

Not sure about jeans, but capris, shorts and skirts both long & short are perfect. During the day it's very casual. Dinner is a little more jazzy. Not formal but more like resort wear.

Have fun on your upcoming cruise. Our cruise on the Windsurf a couple years ago out of Barcelona to Lisbon is probably the best cruise that we have ever taken. Living at the beach we love casual dressing, but not sloppy! Think color and fun tropical clothes.

Hope this helps and wish we could join you, what fun you are in for on this wonderful ship.

Shirley

Here's a picture of what we wore during our wedding renewal ceremony on the Windsurf. That was the only time that my husband wore his jacket, but I wore this outfit several times. (I'm the one with the flowers)

Shirley

01-25-2007092340am2.jpg

We were just on the Windsurf in the Med in May. There are now 2 outdoor restaurants (steak at Candles and seafood at ??? - don't recall the name now) Both allow jeans and shorts even at dinner. Mostly though, women wear sundresses, capris and skirts. Guys wear docker type khaki or other casual non denim pants and usually short sleeve collared golf or Hawaiian type (think Tommy Bahama) shirts. Lots of color! Enjoy!

Here's a picture of what we wore during our wedding renewal ceremony on the Windsurf. That was the only time that my husband wore his jacket' date=' but I wore this outfit several times. (I'm the one with the flowers)[/color']

Shirley

01-25-2007092340am2.jpg

Thank you for the information and your beautiful pictures are also very helpful (sometimes just having a visual goes a long ways)! This is our first cruise with Windsurf and we're just trying to work-out last minute details.

We were just on the Windsurf in the Med in May. There are now 2 outdoor restaurants (steak at Candles and seafood at ??? - don't recall the name now) Both allow jeans and shorts even at dinner. Mostly though, women wear sundresses, capris and skirts. Guys wear docker type khaki or other casual non denim pants and usually short sleeve collared golf or Hawaiian type (think Tommy Bahama) shirts. Lots of color! Enjoy!

Yea it seems like light colors are a good way to go when packing our wardrobe. How are the outdoor restaurants because we love to dine outdoors on the warmer nights?

Yea it seems like light colors are a good way to go when packing our wardrobe. How are the outdoor restaurants because we love to dine outdoors on the warmer nights?

When we were on the Windsurf we were enjoying the music from I think it was called the Compass Rose and having a drink outside, when out to the distance was an electrical storm. What a sight, we will never forget the experience. No need to tell you to enjoy this wonderful cruise because I know that you will.

Check back in when you return.

Shirley

Outdoor restaurants can be very windy, so be prepared.

As to your other posts, jeans will be much, much too warm to wear, IMO, in the Med in August. It will be hot.

We have been on Windstar cruises many times, including 3 on the Wind Surf.

During the day you can wear anything you are comfortable in. I agree that jeans will probably be too warm in August.

During the evening, I don't think shorts or jeans are appropriate but any sort of dress or skirt and top would be suitable. Men never need to wear a jacket or a tie.

The whole thing is sort of smart casual. The sort of thing you would wear to a nice restaurant ashore.

You will absolutely love the Wind Surf. These ships are about the only ones left that have an open bridge policy. Except for arriving at or leaving port you can just wander up to the bridge and see what is happening.

The captain and officers are seen around the ship and chat with passengers. It is a very relaxed atmosphere.

The two smaller ships (Wind Star and Wind Spirit) are even more like being on a private yacht.

We really liked eating at Candles (caesar salad, grilled steaks etc) - we got in there 3 times on an 8 day cruise. (once by just showing up at the last minute) The other one - Le Marche (seafood)- was fine once but we didn't go back due to not wanting that same menu again.

Both have a very limited selection of food but we just loved being outside because we had perfect weather on our trip. (warm and no problems with too much wind)

Do you think they shut these down at a certain time of year?

We shall be on Oct 4 Rome to Barcelona and was wondering if we'd get to eat at one of them at least.

If my memory serves me well,the first Windsurf cruise we did was at the same time of year and although we were fortunate enough to have warm days and always ate breakfast and lunch outside,the evenings were inclined to be breezy and you certainly needed a pashmina or something similar when out on deck.

Val

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think they shut these down at a certain time of year?

We shall be on Oct 4 Rome to Barcelona and was wondering if we'd get to eat at one of them at least.

If my memory serves me well,the first Windsurf cruise we did was at the same time of year and although we were fortunate enough to have warm days and always ate breakfast and lunch outside,the evenings were inclined to be breezy and you certainly needed a pashmina or something similar when out on deck.

Val

They are new this year so I don't think anyone really knows. I imagine as long as the weather holds , they will be open.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived