"The Captains Log" By: Han Mateboer

Cruisechic470

If I remember well that has been postings about this quite a while ago on Holland America. As far as I know he was a captain on one of their ships.

The Captain's Log (Paperback)

from

http://www.amazon.com/Captains-Log-Hans-Mateboer/dp/0975948709

Holland America Line Captain Hans Mateboer has led a full and adventurous life, and this is his personal story of some of the most memorable moments. The Captain, who has worked for several different cruise lines, covers memorable and often hilarious events that happened onboard, from Alaska to the Falkland Islands, and even recounts a story about a stowaway. Captain Mateboer writes:

from

http://www.shophollandamerica.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=itemdetail&item_id_int=7807

Captain Mateboer is one of the Masters of the Noordam. The book is an easy, very enjoyable read; many stories, most will leave you with a smile on your face. I have been privileged to sail with him twice; he is a very warm and easy-to-talk with person.

I just finished reading this book yesterday. The book is organized with each chapter being its own short-story. The first half of the book was my favorite. The funniest chapter is The Two Sisters, a story about a couple of very demanding and unpleasant world cruise passengers.

Archived