Guest JJWW

I enjoy reading CC poster response.

As well as observing where the location of the poster lives.

So tell us please.

If your a native of the Island that we "tourist" visit.

What would you recommend per-say ,for entertainment ,beaches,relaxation ?

We know your there :D.

I enjoy reading CC poster response.

As well as observing where the location of the poster lives.

So tell us please.

If your a native of the Island that we "tourist" visit.

What would you recommend per-say ,for entertainment ,beaches,relaxation ?

We know your there :D.

This is a loaded question, with no easy answer. There are lots of things to see, however it would depend on what the "tourist" is interested in seeing and doing and of course how long there will be on the island for.

There is everything from beaches, to rum tours to historical sites and duty free shopping and these are only the ones I can think of right now.:p

If you tell us the type of experience you are looking for we will be able to point you in the right direction.

Locals can only give general information about places and cannot give out names of places, tourism products, restaurants, beaches and specifically guided tour information. We wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble for asking that question.

I'm sure there are some people on this board who have visited the island enough that they may be able to assist with answering this. The people whom I know in Barbados say they tend to do many things that the tourist do. go to the same restaurants, visit the same night clubs. While there are some differences, there isn't really a locals scene and a non locals scene.. except maybe a few rum shops or hideaway bars that cater to the local population more.

Keith - I have a question. A few years ago we took the Jolly Roger excursion. It took us to a beach where the sand felt like satin and it was a very light pink. The water was crystal crystal clear. The next year the Jolly Roger wasn't in operation and I asked and was told it was Monkey Beach. We went there and what a tourist trap that was. Then I was told it could be Holetown or Carlyle. Do you know what beach it was???? Have been trying to find it every year since.

Keith - I have a question.

A few years ago we took the Jolly Roger excursion.

It took us to a beach where the sand felt like satin and it was a very light pink.

The water was crystal crystal clear.

The next year the Jolly Roger wasn't in operation and I asked and was told it was Monkey Beach.

We went there and what a tourist trap that was. Then I was told it could be Holetown or Carlyle.

Do you know what beach it was???? Have been trying to find it every year since.

This is an eduacted guess here but...

Monkey Beach = Blue Monkey Beach = Paynes Bay...about 1.5 miles South of Holetown, on the West Coast.

PBay-916.jpg

Keith - I have a question. A few years ago we took the Jolly Roger excursion. It took us to a beach where the sand felt like satin and it was a very light pink. The water was crystal crystal clear. The next year the Jolly Roger wasn't in operation and I asked and was told it was Monkey Beach. We went there and what a tourist trap that was. Then I was told it could be Holetown or Carlyle. Do you know what beach it was???? Have been trying to find it every year since.

Unfortunately I am not too sure what beach it may have been. Although based on the route those ships use to take I suspect it is on the west coast. So it could be either of the two Aplmac provided.

Your description does not really help either...since all of our beaches have satin like sand:D;). Also alot has changed over the last few years on our beachfront so it is quite possible it has become a tourist trap.

I hope you still plan to visit as you will find plenty of beautiful beaches.

I would have to say, as has been said, based on what I know about where the Jolly Roger used to go, I'd have to agree that it was likely Paynes Bay. The Blue Monkey Bar is only one part of the are on that beach and thankfully it no longer exists. On my last visit to that area about 2 months ago, I did see any signs of it being a tourist trap.

Archived