Taxi from Athens Port to New Archaelogical Museum

There are four of us on the Equinox for an eight hour visit to Athens 25 Oct 2009. What would the cost of a taxi be for four of us to the new Museum and how long is it by taxi? Are the taxis metered and do they take US Dollars?

Thanks

George

Oct 25th is Sunday so you be in museum after 15-20 minutes...

cost around 20 euros (normal price is 12-15 euros but we talking about Greek taxi drivers:p)... no dollars in Greece, no credit cards with taxi..

Search the board. There are many reports of taking a taxi to the Acropolis. Lots of people are reporting having trouble finding a taxi driver who will accept a fare instead of an all day tour. This topic has been hashed and re-hashed here.

Have a GREAT cruise!

This is off the topic, Mercedmike, but I looked at your photos from early november last year...the weather looked beautiful and you both had jackets off. Was it unusually warm or normal temp? We'll be there Nov 14-28. so just a little later, and I'm wondering about what to pack, of course! Thanks for any help.

Search the board. There are many reports of taking a taxi to the Acropolis. Lots of people are reporting having trouble finding a taxi driver who will accept a fare instead of an all day tour. This topic has been hashed and re-hashed here.

With the port/tourist police located right there, this only presents a problem for an uninformed tourist. If anyone gives you this line, just tell him you are going to fetch the police and I am sure your problem will disappear. There are dozens of taxis ready and willing to take you from the port to central Athens.

This is off the topic, Mercedmike, but I looked at your photos from early november last year...the weather looked beautiful and you both had jackets off. Was it unusually warm or normal temp? We'll be there Nov 14-28. so just a little later, and I'm wondering about what to pack, of course! Thanks for any help.

We had beautiful weather for that entire cruise ... but many people told us it was unusual. The weather is the weather ... over any give two week period you never know. The best thing is to pack layers.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Archived