When will they officially have ONLY e-doc?

Gayle V

Last I heard was next month...

:)

Does this mean for people booking next month or people sailing next month? I am hearing that people signed up for cruises next month and after are receiving paper docs. We signed up for paper docs and our cruise isn't until October.

Well, I for one am happy that they sent paper docs for our upcoming September cruise. (It is an important part of the cruise ritual to do a Doc Dance for goodness sake) I had heard that they wouldn't have them for that one...

One of our Crazies printed his docs in his office and mailed 'em home so he could do a proper doc dance!!!

Hehehhehehe... Crazies... ya' just gotta love 'em!!!

:D

Does this mean for people booking next month or people sailing next month? I am hearing that people signed up for cruises next month and after are receiving paper docs. We signed up for paper docs and our cruise isn't until October.

I believe that starts with new bookings next month...

:)

August 25, 2009

From Carnival:

What is MyDocuments?spacer.gifMy Documents provides you, our guests, with immediate, 24-hour real-time access to electronic travel documents. You are now able to view and print your travel documentation, and if you purchased our Fly Aweigh® air program, you can view your flight schedule too.

Effective for sailings after August 25th, 2009, Carnival streamlines the delivery of cruise documents. All guests, or their travel agents, can print documents directly from www.carnival.com/mydocuments.

Hi,Our cruise is also in Sept (12th) but we have not received our docs I did request paper docs. I thought they sent them out 3 weeks prior?

Well, I for one am happy that they sent paper docs for our upcoming September cruise. (It is an important part of the cruise ritual to do a Doc Dance for goodness sake) I had heard that they wouldn't have them for that one...

August 25, 2009

Effective for sailings after August 25th, 2009, Carnival streamlines the delivery of cruise documents. All guests, or their travel agents, can print documents directly from www.carnival.com/mydocuments.

This is unclear to me, what if you can't? Is there still an option, do you call Carnival and they will still send them? It would be more clear if it said,

"Effective for sailings after August 25th, 2009, Carnival streamlines the delivery of cruise documents. All guests, or their travel agents, {you will have to} print documents directly from www.carnival.com/mydocuments"

do you mind me asking what ship you will be on and the date of your sailing, ours is on the Liberty on the 12th. Thanks

We got our's in the mail a couple weeks ago. Right after our final payment was made.

do you mind me asking what ship you will be on and the date of your sailing, ours is on the Liberty on the 12th. Thanks

Splendor on the 6th of September. Our final payment was on June 23rd (I think); then we got our docs in the mail a few days after.

Boy, it's going to be rough if it's older folks (like my parents) who don't have a computer.

Guess more work for me....:eek:

Most libraries have a computer now. Or neighbors, etc. It's not that bad.

Actually, with e-docs, all the necessary information is in the cruise line computer. I don't think printing off the e-docs and having them with you is mandatory.

It will speed up the check-in process if you fill out the on-line pre-cruise material; however, a good TA should be able to do everything you need in that regard. What remains to be done can be handled at check-in.

I've read in several places the Carnival will eliminate paper docs. When is the change final?

From Carnival (https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/ddocs.html) This should answer all the questions.

General Information - Traditional Paper Documents versus Electronic Cruise Documents

For ALL Departures 8/25/09 and Onwards

Beginning with cruise departures of 8/25/09, we will discontinue mailing cruise documents. Guests will be required to access Carnival’s “MyDocuments” portal at http://www.carnival.com/mydocuments if they wish to print electronic cruise documents; since paper cruise documents cannot be requested for sailings inside 21 days, then 8/03/09 is the last day that paper documents can be ordered for sailings prior to 8/25/09.

As a last resort, guests who insist on having documents mailed can pay a $25.00 non-refundable processing fee. (Do not offer this option to guest). Once the booking is paid in full (and outside of 21 days of sailing), Travel Services will print and mail documents. Electronic cruise documents will be printed in black and white on regular 8 ½ x 11 paper. The mailing method will be regular U.S. postal service.

For Departures Prior to 8/25/09

* Guests will still have the option to have the traditional paper document mailed to them or their travel agent. Documents will only be produced 22 to 35 days prior to the sail date. 8/03/09 is the last day that paper documents can be ordered for sailings prior to 8/25/09.

* Guests who select paper documents can view or print the electronic version of their travel documents and print additional luggage tags once their paper document has been processed for mailing.

* Once a guest elects electronic documents as a preference, paper documents will not be issued.

* Direct Bookings: Direct bookings will automatically default to electronic cruise documents at 35 days prior to sailing, unless the guest selects the paper document option via the MyDocuments website at least 36 days or more prior to the sail date.

* Travel Agent Bookings: Travel agent bookings will automatically default to electronic cruise documents at 21 days prior to sailing if a paper document has not been processed.

* Luggage Tags: Guests will need to print their luggage tags on a printer using regular copy paper. The paper will then need to be folded and then stapled or taped to the luggage handle. Regardless of the deck, all the tags will be the same color. Two different colors are used when there are two ships at the pier at the same time (one orange/one blue), even though guests will print in black and white as well. VIP luggage tags are for Platinum Guests and those guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations (categories 11/12).

Our cruise is SEPT 7th, and our final payment was made the first week of JULY. I did choose the paper doc option, so i hope i get the paper docs. I did the E DOCS for the last cruise and i didn't like it, it just didn't feel the same.

Our cruise is SEPT 7th, and our final payment was made the first week of JULY. I did choose the paper doc option, so i hope i get the paper docs. I did the E DOCS for the last cruise and i didn't like it, it just didn't feel the same.

According to what I posted from the Carnival web site you will be using e-docs. You might need to get on the phone and push for paper, but if you read carefully all they are going to do is print them on regular paper and mail them to you. Doesn't seem worth the extra charge to me.

It's funny the website is still giving you the option to choose between paper and e-docs for cruise beyond August 2009. I had the option of paper or e-docs when I recently booked a 2010 cruise. At the time I thought "Huh? Weren't paper docs supposed to have been eliminated by then? I guess not, since they are still giving me the option." But apparently it will really be e-docs and the Carnival website just hasn't been updated to reflect that yet.

I know it's corny, but there is just something about getting that little booklet of all your docs in the mail. It's something tangible that tells you your cruise is really not that far away anymore. I have to say I used to get a kick out of receiving them.

It's also one of the things my daughter saves as a keepsake to remind her of the cruise. She won't be happy with this change. But, all in all, it reality it doesn't make any difference. E-docs are fine. I just enjoyed the paper documents.

It's funny the website is still giving you the option to choose between paper and e-docs for cruise beyond August 2009. I had the option of paper or e-docs when I recently booked a 2010 cruise. At the time I thought "Huh? Weren't paper docs supposed to have been eliminated by then? I guess not, since they are still giving me the option." But apparently it will really be e-docs and the Carnival website just hasn't been updated to reflect that yet.

I know it's corny, but there is just something about getting that little booklet of all your docs in the mail. It's something tangible that tells you your cruise is really not that far away anymore. I have to say I used to get a kick out of receiving them.

It's also one of the things my daughter saves as a keepsake to remind her of the cruise. She won't be happy with this change. But, all in all, it reality it doesn't make any difference. E-docs are fine. I just enjoyed the paper documents.

I was just checking things on my reservation last night, and kept choosing "paper docs" and it let me choose it, but didn't ever confirm, just kept popping back to the original screen giving me the choice between paper and edocs.

Then just now I went back and chose edocs and the pdf popped up right away to print.

Archived