sightseeing for 'old people'

xsnowman99

We are going to Bermuda via the NCL Majesty on 7/26. Our first trip there. DH is unable to walk very far. I do not snorkel or anything like that and the beach is not necessarily a happy place for us. So...now we are left with what to do? I know the bus; however, I am not sure that is going to be a good choice for DH either. We do want to see/experience some of the island as I have always heard it is beautiful.

So suggestions? I was thinking maybe carriage ride....the bus/boat adventure. Any more tips or suggestions? Thanks for the help!!

You don't say what cruise line you will be sailing on, but I'm sure there are excursions available through the line that would accommodate your needs, such as bus tours through the city, or glass bottom boat or catamaran tours, or historical homes or museum tours, etc. If you can't find one through the ship that meets your fancy, try the Bermuda information sites available on line or maybe your local travel agent knows of some reputable Bermuda tours. I'm sure there's lots available since Bermuda depends so much on tourism and wants to suit all its visitors. The ship-sponsored tours will pick you up right at the pier, and I would imagine local tours would (or could) as well.

Good luck on your search, and I hope you enjoy Bermuda (as I'm sure you will!) We've been there twice and will be going again in April 2010.

You don't say what cruise line you will be sailing on, but I'm sure there are excursions available through the line that would accommodate your needs, such as bus tours through the city, or glass bottom boat or catamaran tours, or historical homes or museum tours, etc. If you can't find one through the ship that meets your fancy, try the Bermuda information sites available on line or maybe your local travel agent knows of some reputable Bermuda tours. I'm sure there's lots available since Bermuda depends so much on tourism and wants to suit all its visitors. The ship-sponsored tours will pick you up right at the pier, and I would imagine local tours would (or could) as well.

Good luck on your search, and I hope you enjoy Bermuda (as I'm sure you will!) We've been there twice and will be going again in April 2010.

NCL's Majesty berths in St George. The ship has tours and the Ferry slip is within 500 yards.(off the right of the ship when exiting. the bus is at the road about 200 yards from the ship. There are Taxi's right after you get off the ship and pass through Bermuda security...

We were in St. George in May on the Majesty. Both my husband and my mother have bad knees and don't do much walking. We took the ferry to dockyards, went to the Maritime Museum there. There was some walking, but easy to avoid steps. The main building itself had an elevator which was really nice.

We took a bus right outside the museum to Hamilton where we ate lunch. Drove by some beautiful beaches, saw a lot of the island without walking much. We ate at the Hogg Penny Pub in downtown Hamilton, then another bus from Hamilton back to St. George.

We had a great day and it only cost $12 per person for a day pass for public transportation. The pub wasn't especially cheap, but it wasn't too bad and we really enjoyed ourselves.

That evening we enjoyed the market night at St. Georges. I'm ready to go back!

Have a great time.

Archived