Any families from SF CA with 3-4 kids?

ashasingh

Hi,

I have 4 kids so it will be a total of 6 of us. Kids ranges from 2,4,9,12. I want to go on a cruise. Any recommendations? Flying and driving may not work out because of the 2 yr old who is not potty trained and impatient. Both options have drawbacks. NCL has a cruise from SF for 11 days to the mexican riveriera, any thoughts on that one? Is it too long? What about their kids programs? I worry mostly about the 2 yr old, he is just a bit overactive and loud most of the time. Don't want to ruin the vacation for the older kids too. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Remember that un-potty trained kids aren't allowed to use the pools on most ships. That could cause a problem when the other kids get to go swimming and your "impatient" one can't! Also, many of the kid's clubs require them to be 3 years old before they accept them....

NCL allows 2 year old but they don't change diapers... they give you a pager and buzz you when your child needs a change. I just looked it up... so it's the Sun. I don't know much about it but it appears that they have a kids pool area and do have children facilities. You might want to go over to the NCL board and ask about people who have cruised on the SUN to this itinerary and how they liked it!

Like the previous person said... your little one will not be able to swim in the pools. BUT you will have beach days and there are a lot more things to do onboard than just the pool. You could also plan to have your little one in "camp" when you take your older kiddos swimming. The Sun has a specified kids pool area.

I'm sure there are plenty of overactive, loud 2 year olds who cruise! Don't count it out just cause you have a toddler.

Archived