Royal Caribbean HOUSE PARTY - I was chosen as a host!!!

No, I think it said there were 8900 applications and from that they selected the finalists. I think....I'll go back and read it.

Yup - 8900 were the hopefuls, not the hosts. :)

Maybe we're the only few that were selected then! Do we get any kind of benefits? Like a discount off a future cruise?

You’re in the running to host a Royal Caribbean Get Away From the Everyday House Party™!

Over 8,600 people have applied to host a Royal Caribbean Get Away From the Everyday House Party. Amid this enthusiastic response, you’ve been named as one of our qualified finalists.

In order to confirm your host status now, qualify for the Host With the Most Sweepstakes and receive your free party package filled with party supplies and goodies, including: an apron for you, napkins, balloons, table and wall decorations and an exclusive cruise offer, you must be among the first 1,000 host finalists to:

• Sign in and set up your FREE party website (If we have already reached our 1,000-host capacity, you’ll receive a message to that effect when you log in.)

• Invite 15+ guests, using the FREE House Party guest manager tool

• Upload photos, including a “headshot” and at least 3 photos of your choice

• Post a comment to the party blog

Just log in and our set-up tool will walk you through the first steps of organizing your party and inviting your guests.

Then it’s time to say “Why Not”, and let the fun begin! Start uploading photos or videos on your personal party page. Post blog comments and vote in our polls on the main party page.

Spots are limited. Don’t miss out!

Me too! I was chosen, and this will be my first house party.

I've never sailed Royal Caribbean before, but love cruises. :D

I'm very excited about this party and am still debating on whether to keep it to just my local moms' group and their families, or include my extended family as well. Hmmmmm... It would be fun either way, but as George Castanza would say, "Worlds are colliding!!" LOL!

I just received my package. Their wasn't as much to it as my friend's Carnival kit. An apron, napkins, balloons, some stuff to sprinkle around a table, and promotion cards for booking a cruise.

I just received my package. Their wasn't as much to it as my friend's Carnival kit. An apron, napkins, balloons, some stuff to sprinkle around a table, and promotion cards for booking a cruise.

Yeah, I've been reading a lot of the comments on the house party site, and it seems like all of us hosts are disappointed. Plenty of folks are even talking about cancelling the party because they don't want to spend money hosting a TA sales party.

It reminds me of Avon, Tupperware, and Pampered Chef parties, but without the special treats for the hosts!

I've done 3 other House Party events, and a friend of mine has done a few as well (including the margaritaville one!!) and for those of you who are are doing a house party for the first time - please know this one is by far the WORST ONE EVER. Don't judge all house parties by this one and sign up for others - you won't be disappointed. They really are great and lots of fun!!! The party packs are full of wonderful stuff - the last one I got was a dominoes pizza party and we got a $75 gift card for pizza plus all kinds of coupons, a game, pends, pads, etc.

I think it was very misleading to alot of people who signed up (me included) who thought that RCCL was involved in this in some way, when in fact, it is being promoted by a travel agency who is using RCCL's name as they are promoting booking a RCCL cruise and doing a giveaway of one RCCL cruise among 1000 hosts.

No house party I've been involved with yet pushed selling the product but this one seems to really be doing that. Last night we has a 45 minute webinar on how to talk our friends into taking a RCCL cruise and how we can even have one of their travel agents come to the party and help us sell cruises. One of our "party packs" is travel agency & RCCL brochures. WTH?

The first "party pack" was such an embarrassment - some paper napkins with the RCCL logoin a ziploc baggie, a handful of cheap decorations placed in a ziploc baggie from a box that must have been bought at a party store, 8 balloons and a paper apron. The "gift" for our guests is a coupon for a discount booklet onboard a cruise - but they only get that if they book their cruise in a one week booking period in Aug. and they have to take the cruise before 3/10. Our great offer for hosting the party is free gratuity and 50% deposit, and the same booking deal applies. Come on folks! We all know that this is no great offer....most travel agents give deals like this to anyone. I got this offer just last month.

So basically they expect us to spend our money on a party to have our friends over, promote their travel agency, given them a list of all our friends names so then they have that info to sell future cruises to them. And we basically get nothing out of it because the party pack was an insult and the special deal is a joke.

Royal Caribbean needs to do something about this because it is really making them look bad on Houseparty.com as it was promoted there as a "Royal Caribbean House Party". Many many people are very unhappy, and it really is not RCCL's fault, it is the travel agent who is doing this not RCCL! But people on houseparty are talking about how disappointed in RCCL they are....its really sad.

I've done 3 other House Party events, and a friend of mine has done a few as well (including the margaritaville one!!) and for those of you who are are doing a house party for the first time - please know this one is by far the WORST ONE EVER. Don't judge all house parties by this one and sign up for others - you won't be disappointed. They really are great and lots of fun!!! The party packs are full of wonderful stuff - the last one I got was a dominoes pizza party and we got a $75 gift card for pizza plus all kinds of coupons, a game, pends, pads, etc.

I think it was very misleading to alot of people who signed up (me included) who thought that RCCL was involved in this in some way, when in fact, it is being promoted by a travel agency who is using RCCL's name as they are promoting booking a RCCL cruise and doing a giveaway of one RCCL cruise among 1000 hosts.

No house party I've been involved with yet pushed selling the product but this one seems to really be doing that. Last night we has a 45 minute webinar on how to talk our friends into taking a RCCL cruise and how we can even have one of their travel agents come to the party and help us sell cruises. One of our "party packs" is travel agency & RCCL brochures. WTH?

The first "party pack" was such an embarrassment - some paper napkins with the RCCL logoin a ziploc baggie, a handful of cheap decorations placed in a ziploc baggie from a box that must have been bought at a party store, 8 balloons and a paper apron. The "gift" for our guests is a coupon for a discount booklet onboard a cruise - but they only get that if they book their cruise in a one week booking period in Aug. and they have to take the cruise before 3/10. Our great offer for hosting the party is free gratuity and 50% deposit, and the same booking deal applies. Come on folks! We all know that this is no great offer....most travel agents give deals like this to anyone. I got this offer just last month.

So basically they expect us to spend our money on a party to have our friends over, promote their travel agency, given them a list of all our friends names so then they have that info to sell future cruises to them. And we basically get nothing out of it because the party pack was an insult and the special deal is a joke.

Royal Caribbean needs to do something about this because it is really making them look bad on Houseparty.com as it was promoted there as a "Royal Caribbean House Party". Many many people are very unhappy, and it really is not RCCL's fault, it is the travel agent who is doing this not RCCL! But people on houseparty are talking about how disappointed in RCCL they are....its really sad.

I TOTALLY Agree! It is an insult to be hosting this party. This party pack convey's a very CHEAP quality product. I would surely think that RCCL would not want to give possible new cruisers the impression that this cheapo party will leave with them.:cool:

Hmmmm.... just got my stuff yesterday. Super cheap stuff! If it weren't for the chance to win a free cruise......

Does anyone know what the passport to savings coupon book has in it? Just curious!

I read that it's the same coupon book Royal Caribbean gives their returning cruisers - things like buy one bottle of wine, get one 1/2 price, BOGO drink, etc. I can't say for sure though.

I don't know if you've seen the blog, but HouseParty is stepping in to "beef up" our party packs.

bjksgk, I attended that webinar (aka "dog and pony show") too, and wondered if Royal Caribbean is even aware of this event.

I read that it's the same coupon book Royal Caribbean gives their returning cruisers - things like buy one bottle of wine, get one 1/2 price, BOGO drink, etc. I can't say for sure though.

I don't know if you've seen the blog, but HouseParty is stepping in to "beef up" our party packs.

bjksgk, I attended that webinar (aka "dog and pony show") too, and wondered if Royal Caribbean is even aware of this event.

Lady_Jag - I would imagine the coupon book is similar to the one we get for being a return cruiser, and some travel agents give them to their customers too. They says its worth $425 but of course thats when you buy one, get one, or get 20% off of some spa treatment that costs a fortune!

I just read the blog and was happy to see that House Party stepped in - they really had to do something because it is their reputation getting creamed all because this travel agent put out a horrible product on their web site. House Party is great and its not fair to them for people to think this was their fault.

What is bad is that alot of the posts seemed to think the same of RCCL and that the party mess was in some way THEIR doing and their cheapness as well, and that people were going to come away with a tarnished view of RCCL's reputation. I think by now alot of the hosts realize that RCCL has nothing to do with the party, if it did we would have really gotten nice gifts for the guests, or at the least, a new unopened pack of napkins! I'm looking forward to seeing how this gets resolved.

you'd get a better commission selling insurance or stocks or Avon or Tupperware to your friends & relatives!

bet the TAs love this new marketing campaign...the new Royal Champions!

But if you have fun--then go for it...

you'd get a better commission selling insurance or stocks or Avon or Tupperware to your friends & relatives!

bet the TAs love this new marketing campaign...the new Royal Champions!

But if you have fun--then go for it...

Lol - I think you'd better read the whole thread before you post!:p:p You may be embarrassed for jumping to the wrong conclusion! This isn't a RCL event - its a great site called houseparty.com It's okay - I've done it before, too. I once commented after the first post and then after reading through the whooooolllee thing realized my comment had been posted about 12 times!:eek::eek:AND debunked! lol:p

Lady_Jag - I would imagine the coupon book is similar to the one we get for being a return cruiser, and some travel agents give them to their customers too. They says its worth $425 but of course thats when you buy one, get one, or get 20% off of some spa treatment that costs a fortune!

I just read the blog and was happy to see that House Party stepped in - they really had to do something because it is their reputation getting creamed all because this travel agent put out a horrible product on their web site. House Party is great and its not fair to them for people to think this was their fault.

What is bad is that alot of the posts seemed to think the same of RCCL and that the party mess was in some way THEIR doing and their cheapness as well, and that people were going to come away with a tarnished view of RCCL's reputation. I think by now alot of the hosts realize that RCCL has nothing to do with the party, if it did we would have really gotten nice gifts for the guests, or at the least, a new unopened pack of napkins! I'm looking forward to seeing how this gets resolved.

Hey, where can I find this blog?

Hey, where can I find this blog?

http://www.houseparty.com/royalcaribbean

There was a message on there from House Party first thing this morning, about how they were working on rectifying this problem, with lots of comments, but it appears to have been removed. It was replaced with this:

A Message about Your Royal Caribbean Get Away From the Everyday House party

As the date approaches for your Royal Caribbean Get Away From the Everyday House Party, we wanted to share an update with you on some of the unique benefits of this particular party. We are aware that some hosts have expressed disappointment with the contents of the first Party Pack that was sent. Perhaps, in our initial communication, we failed to properly point out that this was the first of two planned deliveries with the next shipment due to you next week.

The second box will contain the following:

• Full Color Royal Caribbean Brochures
  • Special brochures containing complete details about the Royal Caribbean special offer
  • Additional party décor supplies
  • The Why Not Herald – Enough for each of your guests to take with them
  • Royal Caribbean logo gifts: baseball cap, tote bag, magnets and window clings
  • Cruise Planners logo gifts: beach mat, travel alarm/calculator and waterproof case

The exclusive offers can be found in the special brochure coming in the second Pack but just to give you an idea on how amazing this exclusive sale is, the offer includes:

• Reduction of normal deposit required by 50%
  • Pre-paid gratuities for up to two people in the stateroom
  • For example: Seven Night cruise = up to $140 Value
  • Onboard coupon book worth up to $425 in onboard savings
  • A $25 Restaurant.com certificate per booking

PLUS, the above offers may be combined with one of several Cruise Planners programs that can include the following:

• Free Specialty Dining for Two (A $50 Value)

• Free Spa Treatments (A $110 Value)

• Priority check-in, Children’s Soda Packages and a Johnny Rocket’s dining experience

Let’s not forget your chance to win a FREE 7-Night Royal Caribbean Cruise! (and your guests are entered to win one too!)

We hope that this information helps to continue to build the excitement of hosting your Royal Caribbean “Get Away From the Everyday” House Party.

I'm sorry that I missed the web chat thingie. I agree, when I opened the first packet and saw what they were giving us to promote sells of cruises for them I too thought, "How cheap can they be" and had great thoughts of canceling the party altogether.

I wasn't getting any responses from the emailed invitations so yesterday I got on the phone and talked to everyone personally. This really isn't IMO a good time to have this party since so many people are on vacation, I would think early Spring would be a better time to push cruises.

I was also selected to host this. My daughter opened up the package and thought that there was something wrong. Most of the paper items were so crushed that they're not usable. I hosted the Canon party and the Ziploc party, and the party packs were wonderful, and my guests had a blast. I'm glad that House Party jumped in to rectify the problem. My dealing with them so far have been great. Can't wait to see what's in the second package though!

Wondering if anyone got one. I'm canceling my party and sending the junk they sent me back. I'm not going to ask my friends to give out their information to TA that I wouldn't deal with.

My first and last house party.

Wondering if anyone got one. I'm canceling my party and sending the junk they sent me back. I'm not going to ask my friends to give out their information to TA that I wouldn't deal with.

My first and last house party.

Sorry to hear that. This is my first house party, and from what I've heard, that package was very abnormal. I decided to apply for the ESPN draft party before giving up on House Party completely.

Anyway, word on the second package is that everyone should receive it by Wednesday. (Talk about cutting it close!)

I'm going to hang in there too and wait for pack #2. I knew there was something off when pack #1 was only a bubble envelope filled with completely useless stuff!! I already have my cruised booked so I don't think I can apply any of the discounts :( Hopefully some of my guest will be inspired to book!! I haven't rec'd many email rsvps yet. Everyone is on vacation! sigh.

The one thing I still don't like is the "hard sell" tactic....I don't need/want a TA bullying my guests LOL. Does he/she have to be a part of our party?

~Connie

I am amazed that they recruited people to sell cruises for one particular TA.

Was there a question on the aplication if you already use a TA?

If I remember correctly they did ask if we use a TA. I do both so I'm not sure what I answered LOL. :rolleyes:

~Connie

Archived