Royal Caribbean HOUSE PARTY - I was chosen as a host!!!

Lol - I think you'd better read the whole thread before you post!:p:p You may be embarrassed for jumping to the wrong conclusion! This isn't a RCL event - its a great site called houseparty.com It's okay - I've done it before, too. I once commented after the first post and then after reading through the whooooolllee thing realized my comment had been posted about 12 times!:eek::eek:AND debunked! lol:p

Sorry, I do not think my conclusion is wrong at all.... Royal C would have to allow their logos to be used for someone to host such a party--basically you are promoting their cruises for free no matter who it is through! It's an advertising promotion.....

When my dtr did a "plastics company" party there was alot more for the host to achieve as a reward!

but if people enjoy it that's fine--

Sorry, I do not think my conclusion is wrong at all.... Royal C would have to allow their logos to be used for someone to host such a party--basically you are promoting their cruises for free no matter who it is through! It's an advertising promotion.....

When my dtr did a "plastics company" party there was alot more for the host to achieve as a reward!

but if people enjoy it that's fine--

Oh I think you misunderstood my post! I didn't say it wasn't marketing - that's the whole point of houseparty dot com, to hold margarita parties, ESPN fantasy football draft parties, I saw a Kodak party on there, also they preview pilots of t.v. shows and other things. They send you stuff, like a DVD of the new pilot or a margartia maker, decorations, games and stuff and you all enjoy your party and the focus of it and they hope you and your guests eventually buy it. that's it! Genius and I'm hoping, fun - this TA one is my first but don't even know if I'm going to go thru with it - my friend assures me most all are better!

I was addressing that you implied anyone got a commission. That would be more like an AVON or tupperware type thing, where the 'host' sells a product and makes money off of it. As you can see from above and at their website, that isn't the case here. The host gets in a drawing to win a free cruise - that's it. Hope that clears it up!

i just rec'd box #2 yesterday. The return address on the label was RCCL Intl. not cruise planners. BTW.... no chocolates.

I also got another email from the TA :rolleyes:

~Connie

I got another email from the TA, too. I told her I'd contact her if anyone wanted any more info!

Your person sent you chocolates, WOW!
The person that called me said she was a "Franchise Owner", and that they had to pay a lot of money to participate in this event.
She got a little upset when I told her that I may have to cancel my party because I'm going to be forced to work overtime on Saturday. She wanted to know if there was anyone else doing the party with to take over and go ahead and have the party without me. Oh well, we'll see what happens.
Hope everyone has fun and sells a lot of cruises.

Archived