Time to Kill in Anchorage while waiting to be taken on Princess motor coach??

sillysailor 1955

We will be flying from Seattle to Anchorage for our upcoming cruise on Diamond Princess. While waiting to be taken on Princess motor coach to one of the Princess Lodges can anyone tell us will we be waiting at the airport for a motor coach or will the bus be waiting for us upon arrival? If we have to hang around airport is there anything to do there?

Thanks.:)

Take a look at your schedule, when are you supposed to leave Anchorage, and where are you going??? You say a "lodge"??

There isn't anything at the airport, but take a look at the stuffed, "stuff". :) There are some attractions outside the airport area, but not doable with no transportation and time, which you are very likely not to have.

Take a look at your schedule, when are you supposed to leave Anchorage, and where are you going??? You say a "lodge"??

There isn't anything at the airport, but take a look at the stuffed, "stuff". :) There are some attractions outside the airport area, but not doable with no transportation and time, which you are very likely not to have.

Thanks B.Q. - we are traveling with 2 other couples (all on different flights booked by Princess from Seattle to Anchorage) we were just wondering if they wait to run the coache after "all the Princess flights" arrive or what? :confused: As do they run buses to the lodges as each plane arrives - just curious if we will all arrive @ Princess lodge together:)

Alaska Air changed our flight from noon to 9:30 arriving at 12:20 with our connecting flight to Fairbanks leaving at 3:10. Sure to be hungry! What are the options in the airport or the area if any? Anything close by that would be worth a taxi?

They run the buses as they fill up and sort people out by destination as in 'in downtown Anchorage' and 'not in downtown Anchorage' that is individual lodges and direct the the cruise departure ports. You are not paying for a limo or private transfer.

If your travel documents say that your transfer is from the airport to the lodge, that is where you will get on the bus....the airport.

The cruise lines run a massive transportation system in Alaska, but luxury and individual service it is not.

Alaska Air changed our flight from noon to 9:30 arriving at 12:20 with our connecting flight to Fairbanks leaving at 3:10. Sure to be hungry! What are the options in the airport or the area if any? Anything close by that would be worth a taxi?

Not BQ but you'll be coming into C Course of the South Terminal and you'll have a Quzno's, a Chili's Too, a Cafe Del Mundo, a Starbucks and the Upper One Lounge/Restaurants. Also for snacks Hudson Gifts.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Again, IF you are going to a "Princess Lodge", it is going to be either Kenai Princess, McKinley Princess, or Denali Princess?? None in Anchorage. You should have an itinerary, that lists the Anchorage departure time. These buses, usually run full with assigned people to the buses. What itinerary information do the others have?? Are you all arriving around the same time?? This needs to go back to your booking agent, and your reservations linked.

Thanks AKSusan! I'll take any information on Alaska from you or BQ. I have followed your posts for a long time, too. I trust your opinion. Thanks! Cheeseburger sounds fine to me. Can you see Anchorage from anywhere in the airport? Or the skyline? (It's getting to close! I'm starting to worry about the tiniest things!)

Maybe you can help with this.. I took it for granted (first mistake)we would be put up in Fairbanks at the Riverside Princess and now our doc's say 'will be assigned 21 days out'. Is this the norm? No choice! I hate that! CruiseBear gave such a good review I just took it for granted. Are the other's economy type? And what are the chances the 8 of us will end up in the same lodge??? Arrrrrgggghhh!

Thanks AKSusan! I'll take any information on Alaska from you or BQ. I have followed your posts for a long time, too. I trust your opinion. Thanks! Cheeseburger sounds fine to me. Can you see Anchorage from anywhere in the airport? Or the skyline? (It's getting to close! I'm starting to worry about the tiniest things!)

Maybe you can help with this.. I took it for granted (first mistake)we would be put up in Fairbanks at the Riverside Princess and now our doc's say 'will be assigned 21 days out'. Is this the norm? No choice! I hate that! CruiseBear gave such a good review I just took it for granted. Are the other's economy type? And what are the chances the 8 of us will end up in the same lodge??? Arrrrrgggghhh!

Actually in C Concourse you'll have a great view of the Mountains and if it's clear maybe downtown. Guess living here I just take the view for granted so not quite sure what the view is out the land side but definitely you'll have a view from the air side of the terminal.

Also someone might of said this but we have some excellent exhibits in the Airport - Here's the explanation of what's out there from the Airport website.

Alaskan Native Art Displays500yellowBar.gif

The Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport has partnered with the Alaska State Council on the Arts to present one of the finest collections of current period Alaska Native art in the world. The "Art in Public Places" art gallery is located in two areas: the main collection in the Mezzanine of the new C-Concourse after passing through security and light sensitive art pieces are located in the "Northern Lights Corridor" (connecting the terminal with the railroad and rental car facilities). Visitors are also invited to view the airport art collection online through two "Art at the Airport" kiosks. One kiosk is located at the bottom of the main escalators outside security. The second kiosk is located adjacent to Starbucks inside security on the "C" concourse. The kiosks provide information about selected art pieces, with maps indicating the location of art in all terminals.

Unfortunately I can't answer any questions in regards to Cruisetours. Living here I don't have a reason to take them and the only involvement in hotels I usually have is when I have to travel on business.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Usually the cruise lines don't split up a booking. If everyone in your party booked together, used the same travel agent or booked directly with the cruise line but are linked with a booking number, you should be in the same hotel.

You need to go back to your booking source and ask a bunch of questions.

Usually the cruise lines don't split up a booking. If everyone in your party booked together, used the same travel agent or booked directly with the cruise line but are linked with a booking number, you should be in the same hotel.

You need to go back to your booking source and ask a bunch of questions.

yes we are all on same cruise tour but booked through different Travel Agents. We were just wondering if everyone on a particular land tour had to all travel together on a Princess bus from airport - we all have different flt times from Seattle and we happen to arrive in Anchorage first:confused:

yes we are all on same cruise tour but booked through different Travel Agents. We were just wondering if everyone on a particular land tour had to all travel together on a Princess bus from airport - we all have different flt times from Seattle and we happen to arrive in Anchorage first:confused:

The buses only hold about 45 people, and there are way more people on cruisetours, with many many buses. You need to, now, get all these reservation numbers, from each person, contact one of the booking agents and link everyone. Otherwise, you are very likely to be all split up on different buses.

Princess uses several lodges in Fairbanks, again, you need to link these reservations.

It is located very near the airport, and runs a free shuttle. Call from baggage claim area, and they will come and pick you up. They have a great outdoor courtyard serving fine grub (halibut chunks, anyone?) and a neat view of the floatplanes landing and taking off. Alaskan Amber on draft!! After lunch, take the free shuttle back to the airport.

If is is raining, just sit in the bar. Also they have an awesome collection of dead critters in the lobby, including a BIG BEAR!!!

AG

Archived