Main seating or Late better (Alaska in May)

We have always done late seating. Just for the reason you stated....ports. We very much enjoy the MDR and the ports and don't want to cut either short by having to get back early in order to meet the early seating time.

The only point I would make going in the other direction, is that when in the Carib., having late seating might make you miss those wonderful sunsets (depending on what time if year you cruise).

I would recommend early. You will be hungry. (think time difference) Yes, I know there are things to eat... :) But you don't stay up late on Alaskan cruises because (THOUGH - check your itineraries) we always docked very early in every port so we were getting off each morning 7-8 am because the ship left port (most) around 4-5 pm. I think I was in bed most nights 9-10 pm. Someone commented that it was the calmest ship they had ever been on - there was no night life. And this was a lady in her 60's.

Archived