waitlisted for a particular cabin

Yogi - Basically you are on a waiting list for a cabin that has already been booked by someone else. In a perfecft world, when they cancel...RCCL will call down the list until someone books.

I was just wondering if RCCL actually refers to the list first or just puts the cabin back in the pool.

~Connie

anyone can wait list

as i understsand it...you can be placed on await list for a specific cabin in the same category that you currently have a reservation.

this is ususally done to get an aft or hump cabin....hoping the person who has it cancels

It doesn't have to be the same category.

~Connie

I would watch the wait-list thing carefully......

We once had one cabin, and were placed on a waiting list for another particular cabin. We had booked through a TA. I looked online one Sunday morning, and the cabin was showing available online! I called RCI, since the TA was closed, and was originally told there's nothing they could do and I had to talk to the TA. They agreed I was on an wait list. After talking to a supervisor, they agreed it was not right that the cabin was being open to the public when I was on the waiting list and they did eventually give us the cabin.

My guess is that the "waiting list" might not be an automated thing in their system, and you might find the room opened up yourself before they process you wait list.

You may also think about calling RCI too. Not all available cabins are on the website. When I called last night to book (couldn't decide between two dates) I asked which sailing I could get the best cabin on. The nice rep asked me what cabins I'd like. I love the 'hump' cabins on Radiance. Well - one was available that was not on the web site. The rep told me that only a few cabins in each category are shown at a time.

I've booked my hump cabin and would not have been able to if I'd only looked on line.

When i booked my upcoming TA on the Navigator I really wanted an OS but at the time were all booked so I took a GS. I asked to be put on a wait list for OS 1320. About 2 weeks later I got a call from RCI saying that 1320 was now available and if I still wanted it. So give them a call. It does happen.

Archived