Has anyone done the Dine in the Garden at the Ephesus Museum?

Appelder

We have read on another post that the onshore excursion "Dining Among the Ruins", in front of the Celsus Library in Ephesus ,was a definite highlight to their trip. When looking up what is available on the Sept.26 '09 departure from Istanbul, it appears to have changed to "Dine in the Garden at the Ancient Ephesus Museum".

Would like to hear your opinion from anyone who has done the NEW itinerary at the Museum as opposed to the Library. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm sailing on WIND STAR in late August, and I was interested in this excursion. It's listed in the shore excursion book, but when I went to book it online it was no where to be found.

Ernie

We have read on another post that the onshore excursion "Dining Among the Ruins", in front of the Celsus Library in Ephesus ,was a definite highlight to their trip. When looking up what is available on the Sept.26 '09 departure from Istanbul, it appears to have changed to "Dine in the Garden at the Ancient Ephesus Museum".

Would like to hear your opinion from anyone who has done the NEW itinerary at the Museum as opposed to the Library. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

We did this cruise and the Dine Among the Ruins last fall. I don't remember seeing an Ephesus Museum during any of our tour. Searching the web on the museum seems to indicate that it isn't in Ephesus proper but closer to St. John's Basilica . If that's the case, that is too bad, as dining in front of the Celsius Library under a full moon was spectacular.

We also did the excursion in October under a full moon. One of the highlights of a lifetime. We also went to the Museum in town and it was really neat but it is a modern building. Not sure if it is the same place.

We did this cruise and the Dine Among the Ruins last fall. I don't remember seeing an Ephesus Museum during any of our tour. Searching the web on the museum seems to indicate that it isn't in Ephesus proper but closer to St. John's Basilica . If that's the case, that is too bad, as dining in front of the Celsius Library under a full moon was spectacular.

I spoke w/my travel agent and she said it was different. Windstar and one other cruise line (Silversea, I think) did a dinner at night there and she said that line as well isn't doing it.

My guess that it isn't offered in the ruins anymore by anyone. We were told that alot of the extra events like concerts and parties in the ampitheater had been stopped because of damages by attendees. I tried to find out on the internet for you but brought up a big fat "0". You might try contacting some of the private tour guides and see if that is the case. When we did it last October we got the feeling we may have been some of the last if not the last since the Windspirit was sailing west for the Carib after our cruise.

Archived