walking/jogging track

Robinob

There used to be, but when the Sanctuary was installed, the track was removed.

The Promenade deck does not have the jogging surface that the old jogging track had. Also, the Promenade deck does not go all the way around. As you near the bow, you must climb stairs to deck 8 and after reaching the other side use the stairs to go back to deck 7. Some people bypass this by going inside on deck 7 to get to the other side. Not a great arrangement.

"Not great arrangement" is an understatement. This is a bad design flaw that I keep hoping will be corrected in future ships, but it hasn't been. And it's one reason I love the Island/Coral. They have nice, wide Promenade decks that wrap all the way around without making you change decks.

KK

"Not great arrangement" is an understatement. This is a bad design flaw that I keep hoping will be corrected in future ships, but it hasn't been. And it's one reason I love the Island/Coral. They have nice, wide Promenade decks that wrap all the way around without making you change decks.

KK

On the Emerald, Crown (and I suspect the Ruby), there is a jogging track on deck 19 aft. It circles the putting green. Sixteen times around = 1 mile.

146607693_5659_18.08Joggingtrackdeck19100_0308.jpg.a84ca7a2bbbf2194f58f1c0dd4e0fed3.jpg

On the Emerald, Crown (and I suspect the Ruby), there is a jogging track on deck 19 aft. It circles the putting green. Sixteen times around = 1 mile.

That running track on the Emerald/Crown/Ruby is a joke. It's barely wide enough for one person to pass another. And 16 times around?!? I lost count all the time! :p

It is the one bad thing about the Super Grand class ships. I loved going for a run in the morning in the open air. But I'll take Vines, The International Cafe, The Sanctuary and all the other upgrades if I have to lose the track! ;)

On the Sapphire, the track has a sign that says something like, "No running or jogging between 8 am and 8 pm." Ticked me off! So is the track just supposed to be another place for people to stroll around and hang off the railing??

On the Sapphire, the track has a sign that says something like, "No running or jogging between 8 am and 8 pm."...

I think it's the other way around, isn't it? You can't run between 8pm and

8am. It's because there are cabins below there. Or was it ME that read it wrong.:eek:

I think it's the other way around, isn't it? You can't run between 8pm and

8am. It's because there are cabins below there. Or was it ME that read it wrong.:eek:

Now I'm questioning it!! I THINK I read it right, but who knows!! Your idea certainly makes far more sense....

There used to be, but when the Sanctuary was installed, the track was removed.

The Promenade deck does not have the jogging surface that the old jogging track had. Also, the Promenade deck does not go all the way around. As you near the bow, you must climb stairs to deck 8 and after reaching the other side use the stairs to go back to deck 7. Some people bypass this by going inside on deck 7 to get to the other side. Not a great arrangement.

You could always just turn around when you get to the stairs and run back the other way -- that's what I did. Makes it easier to keep track of how many "laps" you've done and messes with the heads of people you pass who thought they just saw you run by going the other direction!

I want to say 3, but then I may be wrong as I've not sailed on the CB and I don't know if she's the same length as the Crown or Grand, whichever one I'm remembering the 3 from. The CB is 951 feet long, so I guess you can do the math and come up with a reasonably accurate estimate.

Another question. Is there a walking/jogging track on Caribbean princess?

The Promenade deck is only for walking. You can either walk the full ship by ascending/descending the 2 flights of stairs or just turn around at each stairwell. Sometimes the deck is closed off for docking or tendering operations so you may need to adjust your schedule. There are also some narrow areas at the aft area so make sure you use the wide angle mirrors at each corner to avoid a collision with fellow cruisers. :)

The ships that have the Sanctuary have certainly shrunk the jogging track. My knees would hurt with all of those sharp turns. I just walked more briskly on the Promenade deck, or got up early to run there.....ok, I lied, I didn't run on the Promenade deck...alright I lied again, I didn't get up early, but I DID think about it.:D:p

I did run on the track, though. After the second day, I just went to run on a treadmill. Really, what was the point of the track?!?!?

Good grief :eek: ... maybe it's a cover your butt policy by Princess. God forbid you should run on the slippy artificial wooden deck, fall break your leg, soo/zoo/sue/ whatever Princess premised on the grounds that they failed to provide a proper jogging track to run on etc etc etc. :D vis a vis the "No running" signs.

Ciao for now!!!

I seem to remember that access to the bow and stern sections of the Promenade Deck is closed off after hours for safety reasons. This will be unfortunate when I sail on 8/4, since I love to jog at sunrise as we enter each new port-of-call. Progress?

We are on the Ruby in August and are both avid runners. Are you saying that there is no running btw 8AM and 8Pm on the Promenade deck? If so ,is the only place to run on the treadmills? I find it hard to believe that there is not a place outside to run on a ship like this.

Just off Caribbean Princess and its 2.7 laps to the mile on Deck 7. Did not notice any "No running" signs and their were a few joggers out. This is not a place for serious running as it is shared with those who meander, sit a spell, walk briskly etc. Worked fine for us! DMaugle

Good grief :eek: ... maybe it's a cover your butt policy by Princess. God forbid you should run on the slippy artificial wooden deck, fall break your leg, soo/zoo/sue/ whatever Princess premised on the grounds that they failed to provide a proper jogging track to run on etc etc etc. :D vis a vis the "No running" signs.

Ciao for now!!!

Maybe running in the dark 8p to 8a is a better option! ;)

We are on the Ruby in August and are both avid runners. Are you saying that there is no running btw 8AM and 8Pm on the Promenade deck? If so ,is the only place to run on the treadmills? I find it hard to believe that there is not a place outside to run on a ship like this.

I can only speak for the Sapphire where running/jogging during most of the day is not allowed. I think they need to get their priorities straight if they are going to even have a track.

Archived