evening clothes on quest?

Penny & David

In the past when it was suggested attire (on Celebrity) my husband travelled with a tuxedo in his suit bag. He had it pressed on board and was very pleased with the outcome. However, when we cruised on Azamara last September we did not see one tuxedo during the two weeks we were onboard.

Thanks for all the follow-up. I think we will plan on being casual (but not sloppy) during the day and probably cocktail appropriate at night.

If anybody complains, we will tell them they should have weighed in on cruise critic when they had the chance. ;)

Thanks for all the follow-up. I think we will plan on being casual (but not sloppy) during the day and probably cocktail appropriate at night.

If anybody complains, we will tell them they should have weighed in on cruise critic when they had the chance. ;)

Jenn Angel where are you in LA, I am in Oxnard

Jancruz1

I agree that is what is stated on the Guest Conduct page, but if you look under "Dress Code" at http://www.azamaracruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000dR8GzYjt0wNhiMLMj7XRGmy:12odmems6?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=478&pagename=faq_answers:

Appropriate attire onboard Azamara Cruises is always resort casual; there aren't any scheduled formal nights. However, guests should always feel comfortable in wearing formal attire if they so desire. No bare feet, tank tops, ball caps, bathing suits, shorts, or jeans are allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants. Additionally, due to the recommended attire for Azamara, no tuxedo rentals will be available onboard.

Note that this is a blanket statement that applies to all meals in the Dining Room [it is not the policy for the Cafe]. Is does not say "suggested", it says flatly not allowed. I am not the dress police and I often wear shorts to breakfast and lunch on most warm wether ships. My only Azamara cruise was the Journey in the Baltic, and with the weather there hardly any shorts worn at anytime, so shorts in the MDR was moot. Frankly a no shorts policy seems to me to be over the top in warm weather ports, but that is what they say. Given that Azamara gives different dress rules in different locations I have no idea what the enforcement would be.

Thom

I can tell you that it wasn't enforced on Journey (Panama Canal) or Quest (Best of Italy). Honestly, I never even saw that policy.:o

Hi Jan, We are right in the UCLA neighborhood. We had amazing weather this weekend, I hope it was nice up the coast as well. :)

Also, I forgot to mention that although I am a native californian, and have consumed many slices of pizza in the pool over the course of my life, I prefer to be wearing something more forgiving than lyrca when deciding whether or not I will order a 3rd course-- so you'll never see me in a swimwear in the MDR ;)

Hi Jan, We are right in the UCLA neighborhood. We had amazing weather this weekend, I hope it was nice up the coast as well. :)

Also, I forgot to mention that although I am a native californian, and have consumed many slices of pizza in the pool over the course of my life, I prefer to be wearing something more forgiving than lyrca when deciding whether or not I will order a 3rd course-- so you'll never see me in a swimwear in the MDR ;)

In the 70's everyday and sunny..the most perfect weather..we live right on the beach and the waves have been awesome all week..lots of surfers out..

Jancruz1

Archived