Constellation Baltic Review

brazilgirl

I went back and reread your review, your children are lucky to have a mother that plans such a wonderful kid friendly vacation.

May I ask how you ended up in Mistley? I am planning a cruise leaving from Dover next summer and was thinking on doing a few days precruise in London but you have gotten me thinking that I should look into a quaint English town, but I have no idea where to begin.

How did I end up in Mistley? That is a good question. When the shuttle picked us up in London , he asked us "Why are you going to Mistley? I got a little worried at that point!

But Mistley was one of favorite places (all of ours). I really want to go back and explore the nearby towns and "Constable Country".

I heard of Mistley on CC (the British Isles Board)-a women mentioned it as an option for those looking for accomadations near Harwich-she had been there and loved it. The Mistley Thorn Inn has very highly rated cuisine and gorgeous bedrooms with LÓccitane toiletries. The bath towels and linens are to die for. Google this inn!

I had a wonderful time in London , but I´d really consider dividing your time . I think you´ll be pleased.

I hope my kids think they are lucky! I think I am!

Kim

Nice review Brasilgirl, enjoyed your pictures a great deal and your kids look like sweetie pies. We just got back from our Baltic cruise on the Connie on Sat and loved it too. We didn't do Amsterdam, had 2 days in SPR and 2 in Stockholm.

I teach a class of 8-12 year olds who have just come to the US and don't speak English and have had interrupted or no previous schooling. I have been doing this for 22 years. One of my favorite kids was a little girl from Brasil I had for 2 years. She was different from many of my kids as she had come to the US for kindergarten and 1 st grade. Then her mom worried that she was losing her Portuguese so she sent her back to Brasil for 2 years. When she got back there, since she hadn't learned academics in Portuguese they had her repeat k and 1 st grade again, after which she returned to the US. Since she was 4th grade age but had only been to K and 1 they put her in my class. When she 1st started she didn't remember any English but by December a lot had come back. She was very bright and told great stories of her life in Brasil.

One time a counselor, who was very pregnant, was talking to the kids and some of the boys were being fooling around and the poor counselor burst into tears. She was very embarresed and we talked to the kids about emotions and feelings. Little Gabi raised her hand and said, "My mom gets emotional 3 or 4 days every month!"

Richard

My niece here is Gabi! I´ll have to tell here that story....so funny!

Being an ESL teacher must be very rewarding.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise-I´d have loved more time in Stockholm-it was one of my favorites.

Dis you have nice weather too?

Kim

It is very rewarding. I get to keep the kids 2 or 3 years so we get very close and they make such wonderful progress. Our weather was great. Just a few sprinkles a couple of days but very moderate temperatures. It was our 1st trip to Europe and we loved it. All the staff on the ship were great. I was really disappointed when we got home to find no chocolates on our pillows. I asked our daughters to keep an ice bucket and water pitcher filled in our bedroom but that didn't go over very well.

Richard

Hi, Kim!

What a nice review with thoughtful details and helpful answers. I am sure you have made many people very excited about their trips on the Constellation. We were on her for three weeks in March and had a wonderful time. So glad you did as well. Your photos were great!

Your stay in the English countryside sounded delightful. If you ever want to go back to a different small village and a wonderful bed and breakfast, I highly recommend Church House in Shillingstone, Blandford Forum, Dorset (this is their web site, I hope it is okay to post it ... http://www.discoverenglandtours.co.uk/ ). We stayed there two years ago and I really would love a return visit. You are right about the beauty of the English countryside; it is uniquely charming.

I am hoping to get to the Baltics someday... the tours you did and planned sound fascinating. Thanks again for so many insightful comments!

Hi Sue-

I always love hearing from you. I hope we can meet on a cruise some day. I will check out your recommendation , as I am sure I´ll love it.

You must visit the Baltics - you will want to move there!

Quick question -I see in your cruise history you´ve been to Alaska on Princess. I am thinking of my next trip (I was going to do Antartica , but have changed my plans for now) and have decided on Alaska. I am looking at the Infinity (FV again!) or Princess or maybe even HAL. Any thoughts?

Kim

Hi Sue-

I always love hearing from you. I hope we can meet on a cruise some day. I will check out your recommendation , as I am sure I´ll love it.

You must visit the Baltics - you will want to move there!

Quick question -I see in your cruise history you´ve been to Alaska on Princess. I am thinking of my next trip (I was going to do Antartica , but have changed my plans for now) and have decided on Alaska. I am looking at the Infinity (FV again!) or Princess or maybe even HAL. Any thoughts?

Kim

Thanks, Kim, I hope we meet, too. I know I would love the Baltics... just have to convince my other half to go and find the funds! :rolleyes:

We loved our trip to Alaska on Princess. Would you mind emailing me... my email address is in my signature... and I will give you more info and thoughts. Alaska is a wonderful place. I will look forward to hearing from you when you get the chance.

Take care!

Hi Sue-

Kim

Kim,

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise on Princess. We had my parents with me, and so we tailored our trip to their ages and physical limitations. We did a land tour prior to the cruise, which I would definitely recommend. We toured using the Alaska Railroad, which was a great way to see the area and listen to some knowledgeable commentary. We stayed in Anchorage for several nights, spent one night just outside Denali and one amazing night in Denali, in Kantishna. Spectacular, and not to be missed if possible. Our last night on land was back in Anchorage, and then we took a car down to Whittier, where we boarded the Island Princess. We had a mini-suite, which is a fabulous room. Our shore excursions were really good; I am providing the link to our pictures which will give you a good idea of what the trip was like. (http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/gallery/4230085_wBpUn#247415413_MXDnM ) I treasure the memory of that trip as my father passed away last summer. We were in Alaska the first two weeks of August, which I understand is a great time to travel there; our weather, as you can see by the photos, was just unbelievably gorgeous. Here is one of Mt. McKinley, taken by Wonder Lake, sunsets last a long time there! 247415596_ATNpZ-S.jpg Hope your weather is just as good, if you decide to go. Let me know if you do decide to go and on what line... I know several people who have been on Infinity and enjoyed it very, very much. We have never cruised on HAL, nor do I know anyone who has done an Alaskan trip with them, so I cannot comment on that at all.

Susie-

Thank you so much for your kind response.I haven´t e-mailed you because life got in the way!

Alaska looks wonderful. I know I will love it. I really appreciate your feedback - I am really in the "weighing" the options process right now , trying to plan my trips for the next two years!

Thanks so much-

I´ll have lots of questions later I am sure.

kim

Archived