Anyone sailed the Enchanting Danubue on the River Beatrice

cozzello

Booked this week for June 20, 2010, just interested if anyone has done this cruise? I understand that the River Beatrice (Uniworld) is recently refurbished, has anyone been aboard? We have never been on a river cruise and are excited to have a new adventure.

Thanks for sharing.

I think the River Beatrice was formerly the Vantage River Discovery. We cruised on it in its first year in service. It was a beautiful boat then and I'm sure it's ever nicer now. It had in-cabin internet access even back then and most of the cabins had beds rather than pull down bunks. Another nice aspect was that both the lounge and dining room were in the front of the boat; you could go from cocktails to dinner without walking the whole length of the boat.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Don

One week from tomorrow I will be flying to Germany to board this ship. Right now, I believe that the editor of CC, Carolyn Spencer Brown, is on that cruise and should be writing a review shortly.

I have read nothing negative about the River Beatrice; everything has been just glowing!

Debbie

We were on the River Beatrice June 14 - 21. It is a beautiful ship, don ken is correct the dining room is on the second deck and the lounge on the next all up front. The entire are great from the dining room, lounge staff (our favourite bartender and our girl Marta (sp). Alina Marian, Concierge, who was so helpful to us. Sandra the purser and Christain the Cruise Manager who will not be on the ship now, or at least that was the plan, what can you say about except, wonderful, great and more. They made the cruise so personal to you, you thought they would there for you only. Our cabin 307 was spacious, comfortable, beautifully appointed. The cabin stewart did a fine job in servicing us. The food was very good and we enjoyed every meal. Wine and beer was served at the evening meal free and as much as you wanted. The tours were well done and the tour guides in every city did a real fine job. The whole trip was just fantastic. You cannot but enjoy every moment.

Archived