Independence Concierge email

This is a serious question... Why do folks want to email the concierge before the cruise? It's something I would never think of doing, so there must be some good reasons.

Because no one seems to be able to give a straight answer as to which nights are formal/semi formal and we are trying to figure out when to book specialty restaurants. Serious - no, but why would that matter?

Because no one seems to be able to give a straight answer as to which nights are formal/semi formal and we are trying to figure out when to book specialty restaurants. Serious - no, but why would that matter?

Formal nights on a 7 day cruise are usually the day after embarkation and the second to last night before debarkation. RCI does not have semi-formal nights any longer and smart casual are hit and miss.

My suggestion to you would be, when you arrive in your cabin, there will be Day One of the Daily Compass on your bed and on the back it will tell you the suggested dress for each evening and which nights are formal. You can then go to the Specialty Restaurant and make your reservation.

Hi Cindiehabs:

Gershwin is the IOS concierge, he is really nice and speaks many different languages. We liked him a lot. We had Julian the first week of our cruise and Gershwin the second. I also emailed Julian to get the information about the formal nights and ice shows, to make our specialty restaurants resrvations and he didn't give me the correct information. We worked everything out. We went to the same ports that you are visiting but we started with Vigo and ended with Gibraltar. For us the first formal night was the first day at sea, the second was on Day 5 (between Cadiz and Cagliary) and Day 13 (at sea) after our last port (Gibraltar). In your itinerary it will translate to August 2 (first day at sea), August 5 (after Gibraltar) and August 10 (between Cagliary and Cadiz).

If you are getting your hair done ask for Deidre, from South Africa, she is fantastic. Gershwin can also make the appointments for you. Is really difficult to get appointments for the formal nights, I always ask the concierge to make them for me before the cruise.

Hope you enjoy the IOS.

Hi Cindiehabs:

Gershwin is the IOS concierge, he is really nice and speaks many different languages. We liked him a lot. We had Julian the first week of our cruise and Gershwin the second. I also emailed Julian to get the information about the formal nights and ice shows, to make our specialty restaurants resrvations and he didn't give me the correct information. We worked everything out. We went to the same ports that you are visiting but we started with Vigo and ended with Gibraltar. For us the first formal night was the first day at sea, the second was on Day 5 (between Cadiz and Cagliary) and Day 13 (at sea) after our last port (Gibraltar). In your itinerary it will translate to August 2 (first day at sea), August 5 (after Gibraltar) and August 10 (between Cagliary and Cadiz).

If you are getting your hair done ask for Deidre, from South Africa, she is fantastic. Gershwin can also make the appointments for you. Is really difficult to get appointments for the formal nights, I always ask the concierge to make them for me before the cruise.

Hope you enjoy the IOS.

Thanks so much for the info !

Cindie: I'm a compulsive planner, I always try to find out the formal nights and the Ice show nights before I get the concierge email. This year I had a hard time finding old compasses and had to wait for his response. The concierge will send you an email a week before your cruise, Just ask him whatever you need; specialty restaurants reservations, spa appointments or special decorations for your suite (two years ago our first day on our cruise was my daugher's birthday and the concierge ordered some decorations for her and a birthday cake). Keep in mind that my itinerary was different from yours, you should confirm the formal nights with him.

Our suite attendant was the best, she is from Trinidad and Tobago. She is moving to the Oasis in a couple of months and I hope to see her there. Many IOS crewmembers are going to the Oasis.

Suite guests have reserved areas on the Theater, pool, and on Studio B. We only used this privilege for the Ice shows. Enjoy the IOS and enjoy your suite!!:)

Archived