I have a couple of questions about Carnival Valor....

My family and I will be sailing on the Valor 2/7/2010.....I just have a couple of questions about the ship.....

1. Are the kids programs a lot of fun? My boys will be 4 and 7...

2. We have a balcony room and I was wondering how the balcony is....will there be room for all four of us? and does the door how a lock, so that my youngest can't go out there by himself?

3. Is it better to book shore excursions(?sp) online before the cruise?

4. Any tips or advice?

Thanks all!

I would go to the ports of call boards and look at your ports and see if there were some private excursions mentioned that you like. A good way to save some money, especially paying for a family.

You can always go to the spa and shower, especially on elegant nights, if everyone wants to shower at the same time. Just keep organized. Some bring a over the door shoe organizer, to keep bathroom stuff and other little things in to keep it handy.

1. I can't answer about the kids programs....never used them.

2. If you have a standard balcony, there will be two chairs and a little table. There will be enough room for all 4 of you to stand, or if you each have a child on your lap. I've read that some people bring folding chairs and can fit a third chair on the balcony. I don't see how, but I would say 4 chairs would definately not fit. I believe there is a slide lock up high on the balcony door.

3. I would book excursions before the cruise. Go to the POC boards and you'll find lots of good info. If you book through Carnival and wait until you get on the ship, the popular excursions may be sold out.

4. Have a great cruise!! I love Valor and the itinerary!!

My family and I will be sailing on the Valor 2/7/2010.....I just have a couple of questions about the ship.....

1. Are the kids programs a lot of fun? My boys will be 4 and 7...

My DD loved Camp Carnival at that age.

2. We have a balcony room and I was wondering how the balcony is....will there be room for all four of us? and does the door how a lock, so that my youngest can't go out there by himself?

We had 4 in our cabin and 2 kids & 2 adults is just fine, during the day they will fold the beds up so there is enough room.

3. Is it better to book shore excursions(?sp) online before the cruise?

We always book private excursion from local tour companies, or just catch a taxi to a beach, we save alot of money doing the same excursions as the ship does but for 1/2 the price.

4. Any tips or advice?

Relax and have a great trip!

Thanks all!

:):):)

Archived