Scrapbook Stores?

sk8teacher

We are sailing on the HAL Grand Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific Voyage and will be in various major ports of Australia and New Zealand in October/November. The wife is an avid scrapbooker and was wondering if anyone knew of any stores that sold scrapbook supplies?

We will be in Cairns, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Napier, and Auckland.

While others may be interested in the information, you can send it via email to sk8teacher at comcast dot net if you don't want to post it here.

Cheers,

I can only answer for sydney but you could try googling the other cities.

I don't think there are any scrapbook shops in the centre of sydney most are in the suburbs.

To be honest i think your time in sydney would be wasted if you tried to go a shop. I am an avid scrapbooker so understand your wife's "compulsion"

She will also find stocks are quite limited and expensive compared to what you can in Amercia.

Most of our stuff is imported and has a markup on it.

If you wanted aussie/NZ stuff I would try for an online shop.

I now buy most of my stuff online and even with postage it is still much cheaper than here and I can get more varied stuff.

If you do want more help just let us know and I am sure we can find somewhere for your wife to go.

My local shop(scrapbook cottage) is about an hours drive from the CBD ( castle Hill)but you could stop off at the koala park on the way there. No good for public transport.

Are you the Bill and Sharon that shared a table with us on the Alaska cruise?

DON

Perhaps, if you mean on the Volendam in 2005. We were on a Your Man Tour that included a 7 day bus tour of the Western part of the US and Canada followed by the cruise.

Thanks much for the information. She was hoping that perhaps there would be somewhere to get supplies unique to Australia/NZ. We expect that it might cost a bit more but from what we have seen so far in the US or even online, there isn't a large amount available :(.

We will be in Sydney for three days and planned on just using local transport to get around. Going out to your shop would probably be a bit of a reach for us.

We shall see what we can find however.

Thanks again,

I cannot recall any scrapbooking shops so i googled it for you. There is one at Annandale called "city scrapbooking" but that may be a way out for you.

If you are going to the Blue Mountains and driving along the way at Penrith is one of the largest scrapbook shops called Scrapbook superstore, but it is at least an hour and half drive away. There is also another good one round the corner from here but I cannot think of the name right now.

Here is a link to the american online place I use. I checked and they do have quite a good selection of Australia stuff. Get your wife to check it out.

http://www.scrapyourtrip.com/australia.html

I hope she finds what she is looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

I buy most of my scrapbooking stuff from cheap shops, but they wont have scrapbooking australia stuff. these stores often have cheap tacky type Australian souvenirs like stickers with road signs and animals on them. Buy these and use them, is my best tip.

There is quite a bit of nice (not cheap and tacky) stuff available online at the stores mentioned above. If you want to document your travel with custom, quality items you can find stuff online and still keep the time on your trip to enjoying the sights!

For everyone's thoughts. We will certainly look at the lnks provided and while wandering about the various towns will just keep our eyes open. We have found supplies in some very unusual stores during our travels.

Cheers,

Archived