Hotel help in Port Canaveral

DEERINH2O

Need help, going to be going our of Port Canaveral next year and want to know what hotels are near by. We are going to fly in a few days early. Where is a good place to find deals on Hotels and the area and things to do.

All help appreciated.

thanks,

We stayed at the Radisson at the Port last April before our cruise on on RCCL's Mariner of the Seas and we were very disappointed. We had requested an extra rollaway bed when we made our reservations months ahead, but when we checked in, we were told that they didn't have any more. My son ended up sleeping on the floor and that's after paying $114 per night! No one on the staff there even tried to compensate us in anyway or even offer an extra blanket or pillow. The shutttle service was a joke. We waited over an hour after our reserved time to board a shuttle and on our return, it took over an hour for a shuttle to pick us up at the port. It's much easier to drive to the port yourself and park your car there - much more convenient. I'm in the porcess of looking for a hotel near the port for our cruise in Feb. I'll let you know what I find if you do the same.

Good luck!

Rhea

We have stayed twice now before our Disney cruises and have had no problems. It was always very pretty and clean and we love the pool area so much. Breakfast was also good in the morning. We made our shuttle reservations ahead of time and they picked us up when we asked and had us at the port very early. Matter a fact we were the first family on board the Wonder except for the VIP's in the suites. There were 10 of us and we all enjoyed the Radisson very much both trips.

Both times got rates of $79 per night.

There is also a great place for dinner just a mile away called Grills and you can even watch the cruise ships sail...We were there on a Sat night and got to watch the Magic and 2 other ships leave. It was a lot of fun!

Good luck whatever you decide.

Michelle

Need help, going to be going our of Port Canaveral next year and want to know what hotels are near by. We are going to fly in a few days early. Where is a good place to find deals on Hotels and the area and things to do.

All help appreciated.

thanks,

We are sailing on the same cruise. A group of us got a great rate at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach. It is located on the waterfront and very close to the port. If you're interested you can check the cruise thread for more info. The rate is 59.00

We recently stayed at the Best Western and this is the only hotel that I have ever stayed at that I honestly DON't recommend. The room smell was terrible with stale smoke. They did have one whole section of the hotel closed and under renovation. I suspect this also may be the case for the time period for Raytown lady. The location is fine right next to a nice Perkins restaurant. You can walk to the beach but there are no lounge chairs unless the rental agent is available. I would try the Radison or check out Ron Jon's time share if you are in a group.

Bon Voyage

I made reservations for my son and his new bride to stay at the Courtyard Mariott. There were different rates but the one I chose was $105 for their honeymoon. The room had a balcony and overlooked the ocean. They do not have free shuttle but Art's Shuttle provides service for $3 pp to the pier. You must make a reservation at the front desk by 8pm the night before sailing as they send the list to the company. My son and his wife said the stay was fabulous. Odds are I will change my reservation to this locale from the Radisson. I'm not interested in fighting for a shuttle to the pier. My DH would not have the patience.

We stayed at the Radisson at the Port last April before our cruise on on RCCL's Mariner of the Seas and we were very disappointed.

Rhea

We stayed one night at the Rad last January and agree with you. It was more like a Motel 6. Sunday morning was a fiasco with two desk clerks checking people out and taking care of the phones as well. There's gotta be something better.

I made reservations for my son and his new bride to stay at the Courtyard Mariott. There were different rates but the one I chose was $105 for their honeymoon. The room had a balcony and overlooked the ocean. They do not have free shuttle but Art's Shuttle provides service for $3 pp to the pier. You must make a reservation at the front desk by 8pm the night before sailing as they send the list to the company. My son and his wife said the stay was fabulous. Odds are I will change my reservation to this locale from the Radisson. I'm not interested in fighting for a shuttle to the pier. My DH would not have the patience.

I just cancelled the Rad and booked the Courtyard. Anything's gotta be better than that zoo at the Rad. :)

We have stayed at the Rad twice and both times we had a great stay and we didn't have any problems with the shuttle but our friends who went with us had a terrible stay. They didn't like their room and they were told they couldn't take the shuttle as it was full. My friend was very disappointed and said she wouldn't stay there again. We are cruising in March and I am looking at Ron Jon's. I checked the price of the Rad and is 139.00 per night and that is a standard room. Not sure if that is because it is Easter weekend. Last year I had a two room suite and didn't pay 139.00

We opted to stay at Comfort Inn and Suites before our cruise this past October. We wanted to stay somewhere close to the beach and we love to spend time at Ron Jon's . We were very disappointed. Our room was old and smelled moldy(probably from previous beach goers), they did not offer a continental breakfast, and they did not have enough staff at the front desk. We did hear rave reviews from other pax about the Fawlty Towers Hotel. It is next door to Ron Jon, beach access, and have kitchenettes in some rooms. I think it is privatly owned and it is an interesting looking place. I believe they have a website. I will try them next time!

We have stayed at the Rad twice and both times we had a great stay and we didn't have any problems with the shuttle but our friends who went with us had a terrible stay. They didn't like their room and they were told they couldn't take the shuttle as it was full. My friend was very disappointed and said she wouldn't stay there again. We are cruising in March and I am looking at Ron Jon's. I checked the price of the Rad and is 139.00 per night and that is a standard room. Not sure if that is because it is Easter weekend. Last year I had a two room suite and didn't pay 139.00

That's what they were going to charge us at the Rad for 1/15/05 but we know people got a room for $71 by calling the Rad direct. You don't need to take the cruise parking package; it comes with every room and they have no idea who is in their lot anyway. The Rad is certainly OK for a night but it's not anything out of the ordinary, that's for sure. BTW, we were bumped off the first shuttle by a large group which signed up for it much later but apparently had more clout.

Archived