Dirt cheap prices on Serenade 11/27 prices???

The prices on the Serenade sailing on 11/27 are dirt cheap..less than $675 a person for a balcony cabin. Not that I;m complaining, but the old adage if its too good to be true, it probably is.

Any thoughts???

Let me preface this by saying I spend way too much time at this site, and various on-line cruise booking sites...If you are interested in this sailing, book it NOW. Does this $675 include taxes and port changes? I have seen prices change within hours, and also the very next day. Let us know what you decide.

Marie

HAL - MAASDAM - June 2004/Canada/New England
RCI - Mariner of the Seas,
Sept 2004(CC Group Cruise)

Carnival Miracle -February 2005
RCI Majesty of the Seas - Spring Break, March 2005
Celebrity Mercury, April 2005

We sailed on the Serenade last year the same week - right after Thanksgiving. We got great rates then too. It was lovely. Great weather, not too many kids (125 vs. over 400 the week before.) Perfect cabins - adjoining D1 on deck 9. Would do it all over again if we could! Go for it!

suezqt, the prices sound about what they were last Dec. We had originally booked that week for the Serenade but I believe that is Thanksgiving weekend & I did not want the hassle of trying to fly to SJ then. As Marie posted, be sure all the taxes & port charges are included in your final price. What category balcony? We ended up in a D-1 Oct. 30th for $800 ea. a little more but still not bad.
Also, if you check out any of the online agencies the last week in Nov and 1st week of Dec are extremely low prices. Guess a lot of people don't cruise then as they are getting ready for the holidays.
karen

Halloween on the Serenade
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;10;30;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Hi Girls... My price does include all port taxes and govt fees so I guess the price is good. The category is an E2. I think I'll book it.

Thaks for all your help..Suezqt

Sounds like a great deal!!!!!

Marie

What a deal!! I just love a deal, LOL.
Did you book it?????

Maire

Ya just gotta LOVE those coupons!

Halloween on the Serenade
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;10;30;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

You're right about the price.. and the C&A coupon.. and since we're diamond we'd have an dditional $$ off.. wonder if I could use our booking # that we're not going to use for shipboard credit.. if only it was a different week.. like 2 weeks before.. what a sweet deal.
Carolyn

I just booked this cruise today. Although I didn't get a $675 price for our E1 balcony, with our gold level membership, and C&A coupon, it comes close. My TA says it's a good ship, and they just have a good price going... she's never led us wrong before, so I've gotta trust her.

We've cruised the week after Thanksgiving for the last 4 years, and find it to be one of the cheapest weeks to cruise. Hurricane season ends (officially) on Nov. 30, and we've had good weather each year (intermittent rain showers not included).

Trillian,

Hi. I guess we'll be sailing together. What cabin are you in? We're in 8590 but I just want to make sure that we don't have a view of the lifeboats or the railing? I'm going to post to see if any one responds.

Look forward to meeting you on the cruise...

Ohhh, I envy you, being on the front of the "bump". We didn't have much choice in our category (E1) and got cabins 9008 and 9006. I've never been that far forward before, so I hope my sea-sickness doesn't come into play. (PS Bonine is wonderful!) If possible, we might upgrade in the next day or two.. Who knows?

That is week is considered off peak that's why the prices are low. They were the same last year. The first week of Dec is also low.

If you wait, they may even throw in free air for the week of 11/27.... They did last year.

I doubt anyone will get free air because at those prices the ship is filling up. I see there are no more inside cabin left for 11/27. We are also booked, the prices were hard to believe. Three of us $1,151 =417+417+317 for inside cabin including C&A coupon. The flight almost cost me that from Chicago. Happy Sailing

I didn't get the free air, but I did get air for $199... We went on 11/15 last year. They ran a special in July offering $199 air for balcony rooms for 11/15. It was cheaper than oceanview.

A few weeks later they ran free air for the week of 11/27.

I check the online travel web sites every week looking for offers like that.

We're so lucky this year. Our airfare is $519 and holding this year. Waiting for them to drop the price, but no luck so far.

My TA told us to keep checking every week and if the price drops, they will adjust it up until the time we make the final payment. The price of the cruise has gone up over $200 since I booked it last Nov. We booked onboard the Serenade and got a real good price, plus we have C&A coupons.

Archived