Soap onboard HAL

SISer

Okay, some of you will think this is a stupid question. On a recently many of the hotels where I've stayed had liquid soap, in a large dispenser attached to the wall. I've had this on an expedition cruise too. I don't like the liquid soap and prefer bar soap. What kind of soap does HAL have? I am on a 24 day cruise, I'll bring my own soap if they have liqud soap onboard.

Thanks.

So far none of the hotels that we have stayed at jave never had liquid soap -- I would not be ahppy with that.

HAL uses Elemis products:

The Elemis products include:

1.7 ounce bottle - Pure Shine Shampoo - infused with the aroma of Lime, Basil, and Grapefruit.

1.7 ounce bottle - Pro-Vitamin Conditioner - a citrus experience that replenishes with conditioning Vitamin B5 Panthenol.

1.7 ounce bottle - Sharp Shower and Bath Gel - an aroma-therapeutic blend of Mint, Charmonile, Wild Marjoram, Nettle and Thyme in a Mineral rich Sea Salt base.

1.7 ounce bottle of Vitamin Rich-Body Lotion - infused with Vitamin-rich Wheat Germ, Carrot and Sweet Almond Oil.

For the Face: Citrus Soap Slice - pure Glycerin soap is lightly infused with the aroma of Grapefruit, Basil, Clove and Lime.

For the Body: pure zest cleansing soap - infused with nature's own Lime, Clove Leaf, Lavender and Rosemary Extracts in Palm Oil.

The conditioner is very thick -- very hard to get out of the bottle.

The gym showers, where I took probably 70% of my morning showers, has huge dispensers with the Elemis shower gel and shampoo in them. Both lather up beautifully! Nice big shower enclosure too. They only loose points for not having the rainfall shower heads.

Yeah, lots of hotels have that rainfall feeling but don't you think it's a bit much? Kind of like the fake bird song that they pipe in over the pool areas. Like they are trying too hard. No, really, we like the quiet, honest. The shower thing that you talk about is an entirely different thing, of course. Best of luck to you.:)

You always post that, KK. But it's so easy to dilute the conditioner I don't understand why you think it's worth mentioning?

So far none of the hotels that we have stayed at jave never had liquid soap -- I would not be ahppy with that.

1.7 ounce bottle - Pure Shine Shampoo - infused with the aroma of Lime, Basil, and Grapefruit.

1.7 ounce bottle - Pro-Vitamin Conditioner - a citrus experience that replenishes with conditioning Vitamin B5 Panthenol.

1.7 ounce bottle - Sharp Shower and Bath Gel - an aroma-therapeutic blend of Mint, Charmonile, Wild Marjoram, Nettle and Thyme in a Mineral rich Sea Salt base.

1.7 ounce bottle of Vitamin Rich-Body Lotion - infused with Vitamin-rich Wheat Germ, Carrot and Sweet Almond Oil.

For the Face: Citrus Soap Slice - pure Glycerin soap is lightly infused with the aroma of Grapefruit, Basil, Clove and Lime.

For the Body: pure zest cleansing soap - infused with nature's own Lime, Clove Leaf, Lavender and Rosemary Extracts in Palm Oil.

Hey Kraizy, what did you have to drink before you submitted this? LOL. Just love the fact that you have kept a list of all those wonderful Elemis products. Keep up the good work. Cheers.:cool:

You always post that, KK. But it's so easy to dilute the conditioner I don't understand why you think it's worth mentioning?

Sorry you don't like me mentioning that -- but I do believe in letting people know about the coniditioner. And you can't dilute it until you get some of it out of the bottle.

Hey Kraizy, what did you have to drink before you submitted this? LOL. Just love the fact that you have kept a list of all those wonderful Elemis products. Keep up the good work. Cheers.:cool:

Wasn't drinking anything -- have a problem with my right focusing -- been to several eye doctors.

I do keep on file some handy information for people.

KK has lists for everything:rolleyes:

if you want to see a Pinnacle menu, dinner or lunch menu (anywhere on board including Lido) or want to know how many mussels there might be in a particular restaurant in Charlottetown, just ask and I'm sure you'll get the list(s)

actually amazing that anyone would keep such lists:eek:

I have such a warm and fuzzy feeling reading this. I can't wait to experience it. Thanks for posting!

Sorry you don't like me mentioning that --

Don't know where you got that idea. :confused: I just can't understand why you think it's so hard to use. One little squeeze, and out it comes.

SOAP....I bring my own. There is nothing wrong with what HAL provides, but I'm on vacation and being pampered, so I bring a LARGE bar of my favorite "flavor" so I will be pampered in the shower too. :D Rosemary

:) For us new to HAL, I think it is terrific that we have someone like KK who can give us information about amenities that some take for granted. I wish that I had known on our last cruise with NCL that there would not be bar soap in the bathroom. Would have brought our own from home. Also, about the conditioner being hard to get out of the bottle, I will probably have a problem squeezing the bottle because of Neuropathy in my hands. It is useful information for some.

Thanks again KK.

I love this stuff too. I also buy a bottle or 2 for home. It is approximately $40 a bottle, but well worth it. You only need a very small amount each time you use it so it lasts a long time.

:)I think it's like $20 if you go to the spa and buy it. I remember asking but did nothing about it, as usual.

That is awesome. I paid $40 each on Princess in the Spa. $20 is "WAAAYYY MUUUUCHHHH BETTER".

Thanks.

Archived