Vision ots (will she stay or go)

It probably means that they haven't decided/confirmed which itineraries the Vision will be sailing.

Neither is the Legend ots or the Splendor ots either.

Hi,

I noticed the same thing today.and was wondering if RCI is considering retiring these ships in 2011, they are down for refurb that year, bt will it happen...

I am looking into a seven day Baltic, or 7 day Venice Greek isles trip for next summer on VOS or SOS, but would feel short changed if they let the boats fall into disrepair on what may be their last season. They are getting on a bit, I think SOS is coming up to 13 yrs now and maybe the compay focus is on the lerger ships going forward...

Legend of the Seas has been moved to Asia for a three year stint as of November 2009. I have also read that a second vision class will also move to Asia in 2010. This will either be on a full time basis or the Nov to May season. One artical suggested that this would be Splender OTS on a full time basis but it was not confirmed.

Sorry to all of you who like the ship but your loss will be our gain with very few ships on this side of the planet.

Without more substantial evidence, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that the Vision or any other ships in their fleet are facing imminent retirement, sale or transfer. The ships are well-maintained and can sail itineraries not possible with some of the larger vessels in the fleet, so I would tend to believe that they will remain with RCI for some time.:)

Legend of the Seas has been moved to Asia for a three year stint as of November 2009. I have also read that a second vision class will also move to Asia in 2010. This will either be on a full time basis or the Nov to May season. One artical suggested that this would be Splender OTS on a full time basis but it was not confirmed.

Sorry to all of you who like the ship but your loss will be our gain with very few ships on this side of the planet.

Bring them on! We need more RCCL ships down in the Asia/Australia/New Zealand region, as otherwise we have to fly real long distance to Europe or the US.

With Oasis and Allure online, capacity will greatly increase. It only makes sense that RCCL will sell some of the smaller ships to limit capacity

A good example is Celebrity. Royal Caribbean transferred the Celebrity Galaxy over to their new venture......I think it was too bad since I wanted to sail on her and she only was 11 years old. So possibly if the Galaxy does well as the new Mein Shiff (sp?) then possibly they would transfer one of the vision classes over. Just a thought and it is speculation.

In Winter 2009/10 Splendour and Vision are both going to South America. They will probably do the same in 2010/11 but the itineraries are not published yet. (Strange, as they originally scheduled 15th July for the launch date). Maybe they are deciding between South America and Asia for the second Vision class.

With Oasis and Allure online, capacity will greatly increase. It only makes sense that RCCL will sell some of the smaller ships to limit capacity

I think that their recent moves involving the Empress of the Seas and Sovereign and Majesty may already have offset much of the increased capacity that will result from the introduction of Oasis and Allure. They clearly hope that these newest ships will attract new business and that with a larger base of cruisers they will still be able to operate the smaller ships in the fleet and offer a wide variety of itineraries, some of which are best handled by the "smaller" Vision and Radiance class ships. Of course, should they find that their capacity significantly exceeds the demand, they can do as you say. The problem that may face them will be the ability or willingness of their affiliated lines such as Pullmantur to absorb that additional capacity. They do an excellent job of maintaining the ships in their fleet so there should be many more years of service left in those vessels whether they remain in the RCI fleet or are sold or transferred to another line.:)

Archived