Chankanaab Park in Cozumel??????

cpacheco212121

What is the age requirements for the dolphins? We will have twin daughters who will be 6 years old at the time and they will both be swimming with the dolphins. Can they go alone or do the parents have to go? I understand that people can be close by to observe and this will be fine for us if we are not required to go. Neither my wife nor I have a particular interest in swimming with the dolphins and our kids will do just fine without us next to them if it is allowed. No point blowing an extra $200 if we don't have to.

I'm wondering the same thing I have a ten year old that would love to do this.

well now im tossed up. go here or go to paradise beach???? anyone done both and liked one over the other?

full disclosure. i've never been to paradise beach, and only to chankanaab once. so feel free to ignore me. but my opinion of chankanaab is not the best. it's beautiful, but a pretty big tourist trap. the beach is a few inches of sand laid on top of concrete. the "maayan ruins" are epcot center rejects. and the beer is $3 for a can of tecate. and they charge, what, $15 per person for admission? compared to the other beaches we've stopped at on our cruise, chankanaab was our least favorite.

again, it's beautiful, and the snorkeling was awesome. but it was just too touristy.

the wife and i had a very nice time, and i don't have any real complaints. but i think we'll be trying something else come december.

I just visited Chankanaab on Saturday, it was beautiful but I do agree that it was touristy, not crowded, it just had a touristy feel. I wasn't very impressed with the employees there who were quite rude. My daughter (who turned 12 on Sunday) and I did the Dolphin Adventure...we could barely understand the instructors English. Afterwards they took us to a building to watch the video and view our photos of our Adventure that they were trying to sell to us of course. My husband who was waiting on us had no idea where we were so began to search along the beach...it was a mess to say the least. When I explained to the sales lady that I didn't have money on me as we were all only in our suits, she began to bargain with the prices. I told her we will come back after I find my husband. Before leaving we stopped buy to purchase some photos and were told that the prices were firm $20 each! Which I paid, it was just the fact that the other lady had offered them at a lower rate that upset me. There were children in our group who were alone under the age of 10, however when I booked the adventure it wouldn't allow me to book my daughter alone without booking an adult as well. Don't get me wrong I loved the Adventure and the dolphin exprience was once in a lifetime. I do think they need customer service training. I will not be returning.

We briefly visited Paradise Beach in February. We didn't get in the water, we only looked around and had a few drinks. It was beautiful and a not crowded or touristy at all.

-Heather

full disclosure. i've never been to paradise beach, and only to chankanaab once. so feel free to ignore me. but my opinion of chankanaab is not the best. it's beautiful, but a pretty big tourist trap. the beach is a few inches of sand laid on top of concrete. the "maayan ruins" are epcot center rejects. and the beer is $3 for a can of tecate. and they charge, what, $15 per person for admission? compared to the other beaches we've stopped at on our cruise, chankanaab was our least favorite.

again, it's beautiful, and the snorkeling was awesome. but it was just too touristy.

the wife and i had a very nice time, and i don't have any real complaints. but i think we'll be trying something else come december.

Thanks for the info. We are going for snorkeling so we'll stick with Chankanaab this time. Maybe we'll try another one next time.

Archived