cruise port to lighthouse rest?

live.love.cruise

Hey all,

Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost from port to Lighthouse rest? How far?

My husband & I ate @ this rest a few years ago during our 2nd anniversary land trip to GC. We were lucky enough to sit outside @ the solo table overlooking the ocean......Lighthouse is still my #1 dining experience!

Now I'm considering a cruise that stops here in Oct to celebrate my mom's b-day. I would love to take her for lunch......problem is the ships don't spend that much time in GC (either 7-2 or 8-4). I was hoping that we could do the beach along w/ Lighthouse.....

Thanks

I've never tried it, but based on the fact that it's about halfway to Rum Point, and a taxi to Rum Point is about $80 US, I say you're looking at $40 each way maybe? That's just a guess, though...I could be way off. Drew? Any ideas?

And you're going to have to make arrangements in advance for the return trip, or pay the taxi to wait, since there likely won't be any in the area to flag down when you're done.

The buses do go past there, so that's maybe a cheaper option. Or, just rent a car and drive there. It's likely cheaper than the taxi.

I would more or less agree with bookbabe's conclusions.

The Lighthouse Restaurant is in Breaker's - approximately half way to Rum Point. Taxi fare would likely be around $35 to $40 one way.

I would suggest renting a car and heading out to Rum Point or the Botanic Park for the morning and then doubling back to the Lighthouse Restaurant for lunch.

Archived