Acropolis Reduced Tickets

Laukland

I keep seeing a reduced ticket for the Acroplis for Euro 6.00 and the full is Euro 12.00. What is the difference between the two? If Fafos or anyone knows please point it out. Thanks in advance.

Your post has prompted me to ask our many knowledgeable friends if there are discounts for seniors/pensioners etc for rail fares, entry to museums or ruin sites etc. I recall there were when we were in Rome some years ago for entry into the Forum, galleries and the likes. If so would a copy of passport, drivers licence or Australian seniors card be sufficient as I do not want to carry my passport in every port. I seem to recall we had to show our passport in Rome for proof of age that we were over 60, now I guess one look at us would be enough proof;);).

Many thanks again to all you wonderful people, Misty

I keep seeing a reduced ticket for the Acroplis for Euro 6.00 and the full is Euro 12.00. What is the difference between the two? If Fafos or anyone knows please point it out. Thanks in advance.

Persons entitled to reduced entry

Participants in the International Conference with the approval of the Director-General of Antiquities and Cultural Heritage

Participants in the trip organized by the Agency Workers Center

The accompanying educational visits to parents of primary schools

Persons entitled to free entry

Journalists to demonstrate identity ESIEA

Card holders free entry

Holders of State-specific identity ICOM - ICOMOS

States companies and associations of Friends of Museums and Archaeological Sites in Greece with the demonstration of certified membership card

Members of the Common Fisheries Policy, the demonstration of Culture Card

Students to 19 years accompanied by teachers A grade, B grade and C school (Group licenses granted by the YP.PO.)

Members of Greek Parliament

Young people aged up to 19 years by showing the identity card

Guides to demonstrate identity of the Ministry of Development

The official guests of the Greek government, after approval by the Director-General of Antiquities and Cultural Heritage

The accompanying blind and people with mobility problems

The serving military service by showing identification Staff

Conservator of antiquities and works of art that have received special permission from the YP.PO.

Officials of the Hellenic Culture Organization (O.P.E.P.), the demonstration of their identity

Officials of the Archaeological Resources Fund and land acquisition (T.A.P.A.), the demonstration of their identity

Officials of the Credit Management Fund for Archaeological Projects

Execution (T.D.P.E.A.E.), the demonstration of their identity

Officials of the Ministry of Culture, the demonstration of their identity

Students of the university, TEI schools or equivalent EU countries the demonstration of student identity

I am not sure if they have reduced ticket for Acropolis (certainly in the National Museum):

Citizen members of the EU over 65, by showing identity card or passport

New Acropolis museum ticket cost 1 euro for all until end 2009...

Your post has prompted me to ask our many knowledgeable friends if there are discounts for seniors/pensioners etc for rail fares, entry to museums or ruin sites etc. I recall there were when we were in Rome some years ago for entry into the Forum, galleries and the likes. If so would a copy of passport, drivers licence or Australian seniors card be sufficient as I do not want to carry my passport in every port. I seem to recall we had to show our passport in Rome for proof of age that we were over 60, now I guess one look at us would be enough proof;);).

Many thanks again to all you wonderful people, Misty

I believe that these only are available to visitors from fellow EU countries now. (That certainly is the case in Greece.)

When we were there in June, our friends 18 year old daughter got reduced price because she was a student, and we are not from the EU. And she got in free in the Museum.

I was addressing Misty's question regarding prices for seniors, not students or young people, which Fafos' post, which quotes the official Greek government website, clearly states are not dependent on EU status.:)

I believe that these only are available to visitors from fellow EU countries now. (That certainly is the case in Greece.)

Thanks CintiPam

Worth asking and thanks for the reply. I remember when we went to the Prado in Madrid it was only for EU members so it must be the same throughout Europe. When we were in Rome it was pre EU so that would explain it.

Cheers, Misty

Thanks CintiPam

Worth asking and thanks for the reply. I remember when we went to the Prado in Madrid it was only for EU members so it must be the same throughout Europe. When we were in Rome it was pre EU so that would explain it.

Cheers, Misty

You're very welcome. Now that I am approaching senior status, I find that I am paying more attention to these matters!

I am told that when I hit 60, the State of Ohio automatically will send me my "Golden Buckeye" card. Only two years more to wait!:D

Archived