Bring luggage on/off board

I think getting off any ship on the last day, regardless of whether you follow instructions or not, is a hassle. It is always crowded, always backed up, no matter how organized the cruise line tries to get it to be. People suddenly feel the urge to rush off, are grumpy because they have to leave the ship, and the atmosphere is generally unpleasant.

Like someone else said in this thread, if thieves want to get in your luggage, they can, and will, regardless of whether it's locked, zipped, velcroed or encased in plastic. Whatever you can do to secure it may slow them down, or if they see it pretty secure will move on to the next which might not be so secure, but they'll get in if they want to.

I just never bring with me anything of real value, even in my carry on, but stuff that I reall think I need is carried with me...costume jewelry in the carry on, along with camera, cell phone, medicines. All the rest is replaceable.

I don't understand folks -- women in particular -- who bring along their really expensive jewelry, wear it all over the ship and in port, and then complain if it is lost, or worst yet, stolen. I have costume jewelry that "looks expensive" but isn't. If it breaks, I lose it, or someone steals it? Oh well.

I use zip ties on my luggage just to make sure the zippers stay shut, not to keep people out. There's only clothes in my luggage. I always wear and bring along my fake jewelry and leave the real stuff at home.

Don't think anyone has mentioned this but you CAN'T get into your cabin until 1pm. Not sure what time you intend on arriving but the fire doors to the halls are shut and they won't let you down them until 1:00. So kick back relax and begin your cruise early. If theft of luggage was a problem I think you would hear about it on these boards. Never had a problem with ours but we do keep the real valuables (camera, medicines, change of clothes :D) in a backpack and carry that on & around until we can drop it off in a cabin. Then back off to enjoy the cruise. Welcome to the boards!

We use zip ties but it's only to know if someones been in the luggage, it would determine when our luggage was violated, hehe. Never had a problem though. I know you see horor stories on 20/20 but can't see them stealing any of my cheap clothes, no valuables are ever in the luggage.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We recently carried our own luggage off the ship. It was very orderly. The instructions we

were given was to wait in the Theater until called. No problems! No bothering other passengers. We were cleared through customs very fast.

Archived