Puerto Vallarta Grand Mayan Resort

MnAsMom

I heard mention of this resort on a couple of other threads. Do they offer day passes or do you need to do a time share meeting to visit?

We had planned to just go to the Krystal Resort but some reviews have said the beach wasn't all that nice... bad undertow, kinda rocky beach.

Any other resort/beach options in PV?

I emailed them twice about month and a half ago and never got a reply so if they do offer a day pass they are in no mood to sell it.

Krystal beach isn't nice at all and we were there last week and the pools were PACKED! We just walked back to the ship and hung out there.

I did get a reply for Dreams that they had a day pass for 6 hours for 45 dollars. Seemed like a pretty good deal and we were going to do it but changed our mind last minute. Wish i hadn't.

We enjoy touring nice resorts in Mexican Ports. Cruise ships typically port in the slower mid week period, and we typically travel in the less "security minded" winter season. In almost every visit we feel very welcome. The Grand Mayan is the best we have seen in Puerto Vallarta. We visited on a rented golf cart. The Gate Guard exchanged a drivers license for visitor colored wrist bands and we enjoyed an amazing self guided walking tour of the grounds. We always carry a nice bag with borrowed cruise ship towels and we wear swimming attire under our clothing. In the past we have enjoyed swimming up to pool bars where we are greeted with open arms for cash purchases. At the Grand Mayan, we did not swim. Other folks have suggested staying away from time share presentations to preview resorts. At PV Paradise Village we were unable to view the grounds without first visiting the time share sales center. We enjoyed a brief lovely guided tour and were quickly allowed to enjoy the resort. I imagine ones personal ability in timeshare sales presentation control could widely vary the experience. We highly recommend at least a brief self guided walking visit to the Grand Mayan's amazing grounds. Memories for a lifetime!

We carry a bag containing pool towels

IMG_1251.jpg

Paradise Village is great

CIMG2369-1.jpg

CIMG2375.jpg

The Grand mayan is Premier

IMG_9531.jpg

IMG_9640.jpg

We did not take the grand mayan pic below (if we had tried to take control of a time share presentation, we may have been able to)

GrandMayanPalace2.jpg

We suggest that if you choose to tour nice resorts in Puerto Vallarta, that you walk across from the Cruise Terminal to the WalMart and find a nice looking older cab driver and arrange to pay him by the hour (as little as $15/hour) and ask him to go to Nuevo Vallarta. As you reach each resort on the map listed below, the cab driver will patiently wait while you tour. If asked at the resort entry, explain that you are considering arranging a family reunion and are touring their resort (who isn't?). Take as long as you like, the cab driver will be patient, perhaps you will find a nice pool and a cool drink, and then you can move on. HAVE FUN!

NuevoPVGoogleEarthNPV.jpg

Wal Mart is above ship's Bow in background of pic below

IMG_9379.jpg

The Grand Mayan palace does not allow day passes. We went there and were refused a day pass. They said they were strickly timeshare. They recommended the Paradise village which is right next to it and it was gorgeous. Lots and lots of things to do. They charged us $75 for 2 seniors and 2 kids. The pool is great and they are right on the beach with Thatched huts to sit under. The pool has a great waterslide for the kids. You can see it on their website. I would hightly reccommend it. They gave us a wrist band to wear and everyone treated us great. The food and drinks were not out of line like alot of other resorts. It was a $10 taxi ride from the dock. The beach was great. Really warm water.

:confused:Does anyone know where Dreams is in relation to the other places posted?

There are two Dreams

We were at the Dreams slightly south of Puerto Vallarta, about a 5 min cab from the southside. This Dreams has a very private sheltered beach with a few vendors who never bothered anyone unless they were interestedin buying, we found some GREAT deals with James the blanket vendor. Beautiful area nestled close to a lovely jungle.

Dreams Villa Magna is in Nuevo, right next door to Marival. Beach is very large and youcan walk for miles, Marival always had a lot of vendors, Nuevo is mainly all resorts, nothing that truly screams out that you are in Beautiful Mexico.

If I had to choose which resort, I would pick Dreams Southside!

Spend part of the morning exploring Puerto Vallarta's Malecon area and then walk into the southside of town,(some call it the romantic zone) just before lunch grab a taxi to Dreams. Ask the rate before you get in, it should be 30-40 pesos or $5 USD.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived