Cabo Submarine

MnAsMom

Anyone gone on this excursion? My boys saw pics and thought it looked like fun. Just curious if it is worth it? The idea of an air conditioned lower cabin sounds nice since it should be quite warm next week. apparently you can go below deck to see fish and then above to see the coast, arch and sea lions.

Anyone gone on this excursion? My boys saw pics and thought it looked like fun. Just curious if it is worth it? The idea of an air conditioned lower cabin sounds nice since it should be quite warm next week. apparently you can go below deck to see fish and then above to see the coast, arch and sea lions.

I was wondering the same thing, we are on the Splendor soon and my son thought it looked interesting, sort of like the Nemo ride at Disneyland.

I haven’t been on this excursion but it sure looks like fun. According to their web site, they are located in the Tesoro Hotel at the marina. Not sure if I can post links here, so just google Cabo Submarine and you should be able to find it.

I contacted Cabo Submarine directly and they responded that we would have to book through the cruise line. They set it up so cruise passengers can get on right at the dock apparently... the price is a bit more through RCCL but if my boys really want to do it then we'll spring for it!

I thought it looked interesting too. I hope we can book it without going through the cruise ship. The ship wants twice as much for it than the price listed on the Cabo submarie website.

I agree .... the price is around $60 more for our family of 4 to do it through RCCL. I was wondering if we could work it out once we got to Cabo rather than booking ahead of time. Hmmm I wish someone on the boards had been on it to give us a review!

I agree .... the price is around $60 more for our family of 4 to do it through RCCL. I was wondering if we could work it out once we got to Cabo rather than booking ahead of time. Hmmm I wish someone on the boards had been on it to give us a review!

NCL wants $110 more for three of us and they only offer two times. We arrive in Cabo at 11:00 and they are offering 11:30 and 12:30. I was thinking I would like to go a little later in the day so I could explore Cabo a little before doing the excursion and then just get back on the ship after doing the Submarine ride. We've never been to Cabo before so I really want to have the time to walk around and check things out.

I don't see why you couldn't just buy tickets once you are there. It looks like they go out once an hour. Do you think that they would have every trip out filled completely with pre-paid people?

Well, like I have either done or know first hand about most of the tours here in Cabo including the Cabo SemiSub. That is one of the perks about living in Cabo...everyone knows someone with connections and most companies will either give locals discounts or specials. That is how I have gotten to do so many of them. I have never done the tours through the cruiseships but the tours for non-ship guests are exactly (or just about) the same as through the ship as far as content.

Like all of the companies that work with the cruiseships, the SemiSub departures are reserved soley for the ships on days that the ships are in port. But even if there are a couple of time slots that are not reserved, the company will be fined severely by the cruiselines if they take a reservation from a cruiseship passenger. The cruiselines can even cancel a contract with a company that takes reservations on the sly. I hope that no one here would knowingly hurt a company by trying to book direct just to save some $.

Okay back to the question...the tour on the sub is nice. I have been on it 4-5 times. I was thinking about trying to go out today on it today because there are some large schools of manta rays out in the bay and I would love to see them through the windows of the sub. It does not dive below the water. It floats like a boat and the passengers go down a staircase down into it. It is surprizingly roomy down there and I tend to get alittle claustrophobic but not down there. And I did see alot of fish especially around Pelican Rock! You also see scuba divers exploring alot of times around there. It takes you out to Land's End too and everyone goes back up on the deck so they can take pictures of Arch and Sea Lions really close. There are shaded benches in the front and the back so guests ride back from Land's End uptop. I didn't feel much movement either below or uptop and haven't seen anyone get seasick. It does have cold A/C and they hand out complimentary bottled water to everyone. There is even a restroom up top in case of emergencies! The crew is good - Michael is from the states and all of his staff/guides speak great English. The tour is just about an hour so that leaves alot of time to do other stuff. For the cruiseships, the SemiSub pulls up to the tender pier like most of the other boat tours so the passengers get on right there. Here are a couple of pictures I have taken...one I took while parasailing and another on a special night tour about a year ago. But these might give you an idea - I am not a great picture taker though!

932422196_parawithsub1.jpg.07c83e2f4d3d3618d3aa0bd214f0bf4e.jpg

1757161653_kidsday1.jpg.c9b0976c4c0e0f43fef5cccc84f3fb0b.jpg

854600126_InteriorwithFish1.jpg.d18052d58d926c8fb1ea2da50fe43e7d.jpg

226908748_WindowPicture1.jpg.aa0338d23caa881dbbaad8f374e50a21.jpg

52344124_LandsEndArch1.jpg.0291b66b131f55a2df1451f0d55dc683.jpg

Ok, I have seen that in the water! It doesen't really look like a sub, more like a very strange boat! I may try that in October, looks fun!

Yup, it is a semi-submersible. Not like the Atlantis subs in the Caribbean that dive underwater 100+ft. When you guys come for your long stay in October, ask for a local rate. I am still trying to get on the tour at 3:30 today to look for mantas!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived